Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Anael 03-29-2011 03:38 AM

So far I made 2 blocks for this week, C8 and M11. Going to run some errands now, maybe will try and finish M3 when I'm back.

sandpat 03-29-2011 04:50 AM

I think I PP'd every tri (except the ones with larger applique pieces on them- then I pp'd the background if it had seams in it!)

I did finally figure out how to do the set in seams though..LOL...I think I was on block # 33876900866385 before I did though...LOL :wink:

sewNso 03-29-2011 05:12 AM

ana, sorry you having trouble with m3. yes, that sorta set in triangle on the outside. one of the triangles had a set in seam 'tumbling blocks'. mine was not perfect. anyway, saw a block similiar to your m-3 last nite as i was printing blocks. told myself, i would just do that large triangle in 2 pieces with a seam to match the very outside piece next time. i printed off m-3, and drew a dotted line to do just that with it. early in the dj topic, before page 50, i ran into a tut that showed a fella, doing the y seam.
i'm done with week 5, but have other easier blocks done. i'll post the lst 6 weeks, when i get them done. bbysty all day today.

Anael 03-29-2011 05:20 AM

Pffffffffffffff finished M3. When you look closely it's horrible but from a distance it's ok with me. And that's what counts LOL LOL

sandpat 03-29-2011 05:38 AM

NO worries...it will disappear into the quilt along with the other 224 blocks!

sewNso 03-29-2011 05:44 AM

sandpat. that rs6, did you pp it without doing sections lst? aftwds, i thought, is that possible? i think i will start reading the early wk thrds, before i jump in. at page 50 in the dj diary. hvnt fd whr the wks strd yet.

sandpat 03-29-2011 04:28 PM

Oh gosh....I have NOT forgotten that tri! I sailed along, thinking...man this quilt really won't be all that hard...RS6 slapped me right in the head! Brought me down to size really quickly! I DID pp it and I probably DID do sections. This was so early in the schedule that I probably went to the Thatquiltblog and went with her directions for it. It was a really hard one for me though...but I DID get it done!

sewNso 03-29-2011 06:06 PM

thank you sandpat for mentioning the 2 tut's. i knew i had to stop and search the site and read some more. but i was 'hooked', and was having soooo much fun. but knew after that RS6 didn't come out as good as i wanted it, that i had to re watch a tute. i was busy today, so just did easy ones tonite. but , i do intend to find the lst few weeks , where all the discussion was, and about each block, before i go on. curves, and y seams, i need to learn. thx, so much

Anael 03-31-2011 04:53 AM

20 blocks down, total of 446 pieces! Still one block of week 13 to go, I hope I made all the hard ones. This week was not easy :(

sandpat 03-31-2011 06:31 AM

Hang in there!! You are making progress and your completed count is growing!