Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 06:21 AM

Pat75, they're 4.5" finished but if you have the software, you can alter the patterns to any size you'd like. They're commonly enlarged to 6".

Butterflyspain 05-06-2011 06:33 AM

I donīt have EQ and the DJ software runs alone so there is no problem there and it is fairly easy to understand as well.

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 06:44 AM

"You can buy the book from AMAZON on the web. The book comes with a CD so that you can make the blocks. Most are Paper pieced and some are applique.
I hope that helps. Can we help you more?
Elle"

Sorry for the confusion. I just meant that the DJ software (an eq product) is a separate purchase from the book by Brenda Papadakis. A CD is not included in the book. :D

Butterflyspain 05-06-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
"You can buy the book from AMAZON on the web. The book comes with a CD so that you can make the blocks. Most are Paper pieced and some are applique.
I hope that helps. Can we help you more?
Elle"

Sorry for the confusion. I just meant that the DJ software (an eq product) is a separate purchase from the book by Brenda Papadakis. A CD is not included in the book. :D

My book came with the CD, I got it from Amazon.

Elle

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 06:55 AM

Elle,
They are not usually bundled. That's a special deal that you found. Maybe someone thought they'd do the quilt and decided against it. The book does not come with a CD. You can find a discount to buy them at the same time on a few of the Amazon dealers lists but they are separate products.

Butterflyspain 05-06-2011 06:58 AM

Oh okay, I really thought that it was a done deal, book and CD.

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 07:07 AM

well, you must be a very lucky quilter. Relish your good deal. Some people are disappointed to find out there are no 'patterns' in the book, just drafts. So they may want to purchase the software in addition to the book...it's just a clarification for them. =)

sandpat 05-06-2011 04:54 PM

I didn't buy the book until I was almost finished with the quilt. I only bought it then so that I could see the quilting close up...the cd doesn't have good pics of the quilting.

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 05:35 PM

I started with the software, too Sandpat but was glad I was given the book as a gift. I didn't realize that some of the patterns were altered from the Jane's original quilt or that there would be blocks without patterns in the software. Once I became used to drafting my own patterns, I relied heavily on the book.

Janstar 05-06-2011 08:41 PM

I had to purchase my CD and book sepertly also and I used the book as a journal for how I did each block and to see the quilting better like you did Patti.

You got a great deal Elle!