Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 05-02-2011 09:23 AM

That sure sounds like a doable schedule Retro. LOL...I had to check out your tutes also..it was good to see a repeat of the 'Pointy points"...I still use this!

sewNso 05-05-2011 12:45 AM

i've looked and looked for the revised scedule of blocks. so am just using the orginal DJ list posted really early on the blog. but then, i am working much faster. just doing as many as i can what with life getting in the way of jane.
and have even done 2 blocks twice.

sandpat 05-05-2011 06:33 AM

There were 2 schedules only because the 1st one had a typo....There were a couple of blocks that were listed twice, so thats the only thing to watch for.

retrogirl02 05-05-2011 06:53 AM

Sandpat, thank you for mentioning the tutes. Glad they are helpful. I love applique (can you believe it??) and look forward to more all applique projects or at least full blocks combined with pieced. Handwork is where it's at for me! =)

sewNso, I also followed my own schedule a couple weeks in, based on the one posted here. You'll do great! For me, I needed some longer breaks in between as life has a way of interrupting. Having the tools from the quiltingboard really provided the support I needed even when I wasn't checking in regularly or keeping up with the talented participants here.

Lidka 25 05-05-2011 09:01 AM

DEar Clue, I view this pages and I am very surprised, but I don't understand everything. Are you make quilt Dear Jane as swap? How much persons make it? Where you have stencils for this quit from? Thank you for answer. I am from Czech Republic and this quilt is very nice for me, but the book for making this quilt isn't there or Europa to help make it nice quilts. So I am viewing some pages and pictures. Your sincellery Lidka

Butterflyspain 05-05-2011 09:06 AM

Lidka 25, This is not a swap, you make the quilt for yourself. This is to help people make the blocks its what we call a Cyber sew. You can buy the book from AMAZON on the web. The book comes with a CD so that you can make the blocks. Most are Paper pieced and some are applique.

I hope that helps. Can we help you more?

Elle

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 05:46 AM

Elle,
Just a reminder, the EQ softare is an additional purchase. It doesn't come with the book. There is an EQ manual that comes with the software about basic installation and operations only.
=)

sandpat 05-06-2011 06:03 AM

You're right Retro...but the Dear Jane software is a "stand alone" and you don't need to have EQ to run it. Makes much more sense for those who don't have EQ and don't want to invest in it.

Pat75 05-06-2011 06:19 AM

What size are the blocks? I love playing with color but the size of the blocks could be a make or break for me.

retrogirl02 05-06-2011 06:20 AM

Sandpat, glad you brought that up. DJ software CANNOT be run through the larger EQ program. It can for a little while but eventually the programs shut down and all info is lost forever. Best to operate DJ individually. Wish I didn't know that. =)