Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

luvmortherest 11-24-2009 10:06 PM

i would too sunrise

:D HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :D

Tiffany 11-25-2009 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
I'm so glad you're joining us. You have been missed. A dark background sounds great. I have already bought light fabric for my background so I am lock into that.

That would be great fun getting together with friends. So far my quilting buddys think I'm nuts to do this quilt. They will be green with envy though when it is done. :lol:

Thank you! A lot of times, when my health gets really bad, I find myself isolated at the house and unable to leave. It can really give me a feeling of being all alone and just knowing I was missed really helps.

I'm sure glad I'm back! I missed all of you. :!:

The batik quilt is amazing! I love how it glows and if I could afford it I would do this quilt all in hand dyed fabric just to achieve that "glowing" effect. Beautiful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

waquilter 11-25-2009 08:29 PM

I'm tentatively timidly dipping my pinkie in. I have wanted to do this since I saw one completed at a quilt show some years ago and have gathered some reproduction fabric and a background sooooo.....

Count me IN!

wa

luvmortherest 11-25-2009 08:33 PM

yea...............the more the merrier :D

kluedesigns 11-25-2009 08:44 PM

glad to hear it, WA - especially since you've been gathering the fabric for a few years.

i've been collecting my background fabric for 3 years getting ready to make the quilt.

cutebuns 11-25-2009 09:38 PM

I am just going to use what I have on hand at the time.

I have the software due to a very special Quilting Angel. I have it installed and will be working through the lessons and hope to have a handle on it by the time we start. I hope to be a help and keep up and or ahead, I can't wait to see what everyone will be doing.

kluedesigns 11-25-2009 09:43 PM

cutebuns

i'm so glad you're joining in - it just wouldn't be the same without you.

cutebuns 11-25-2009 09:49 PM

knowing me I will be ahead of the group, I tend not to have patience. We will see, it is that or I will end up making more than one going through them. I could very well end up with several Janes by the time that I am done.

I hope to catch on to the program fast, I don't have a lot of free time to play with it right now, hopefully by the time that Christmas is here that things have settled down. if not I will just have to wing it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Christmas is in 4 weeks and 2 days :shock: :shock: :shock:

sandpat 11-26-2009 06:12 AM

Yea Cutebuns...glad you are playing!

Tiffany 11-26-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
knowing me I will be ahead of the group, I tend not to have patience. We will see, it is that or I will end up making more than one going through them. I could very well end up with several Janes by the time that I am done.

Overachiever!! :P LOL. I thought about doing two blocks at a time but with all my other projects I simply don't have the time. I figure if I made a second one I could give it to the gal who is setting up a historical quilt preservation society here in southeastern Idaho & have it added to the quilts she is collecting. I think it would be fun to do! I guess it depends on how long it takes to make each block. Has anyone made a few blocks yet and if so, how long did it take you?