Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Janstar 05-09-2011 08:53 PM

Way to go Sara!! You keep on going and before you know it you will be finished!!!

I'm about to attach my tris, so wish me luck that they fit! Are you QAYG?

Butterflyspain 05-09-2011 11:03 PM

WTG Sara, you really have kept at it. Well done you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

sandpat 05-10-2011 06:01 AM

Jan...I know they will fit!!! Its exciting now isn't it??

sarahelloyd 05-10-2011 06:33 AM

I am dreading the joining up bit, will have to go really slowly. Yes I will QAYG cos I don't have space to frame a large quilt unless I go and rent the village hall and then I would have to get hold of the bits I'd need. QAYG is calling loud and clear, good luck with the tris though!

sandpat 05-10-2011 04:47 PM

Sarah...because we used the square rulers and the tri ruler...if you cut it properly...it will go together like a dream! I had no problems, I'm sure you won't either!

Butterflyspain 05-10-2011 10:11 PM

What Patti says is right, its jut the best quilt to put together, I am sure you won´t have any problems

Lacelady 05-11-2011 10:12 AM

Good for you Sara, 49 and counting down is great, so soon you will be Joining Janstar and assembling. I didn't find it that hard either, and I made my sashings (with cornerstones) at 3/4 in wide, not the half inch in the book.

I did, of course, have to adjust the size of my tris and the scalloops at the end, but it went together very nicely.

sarahelloyd 05-11-2011 01:43 PM

Perhaps now is a good time to mention that I haven't had the rulers or the software, but been doing it just from the book. Everytime I mention rulers I get a big sigh from DH. I will always remember the quilt as the odd job one, using just offcuts and freestyling the working. If it ends up finished and fairly even I shall be thrilled! funny isn't it what you can do in ignorance!!

Butterflyspain 05-11-2011 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Perhaps now is a good time to mention that I haven't had the rulers or the software, but been doing it just from the book. Everytime I mention rulers I get a big sigh from DH. I will always remember the quilt as the odd job one, using just offcuts and freestyling the working. If it ends up finished and fairly even I shall be thrilled! funny isn't it what you can do in ignorance!!

Personally if you have done DJ like that you are darned clever and I take my hat of to you.

sarahelloyd 05-11-2011 02:06 PM

ooooops, blushes, and admits to having a very stubborn streak. Somebody on here even sent me the book which I forgot to mention! I do envy everyone that can buy whatever fabric they like though!!