Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 05-14-2011 06:36 PM

Hmmmm Jan...let me see....I sewed the top fabric strip for the scallops onto the pre-quilted tri rows..(starting with the sides, then top, then bottom) I marked after sewing the strip all the way around so I could mark the corner properly. After marking the scallops on the top, I whip stitched a strip of batting to the batting on the tri row- all the way around. THEN..I put the backing on so that it was all one piece, basted all 3 layers together, THEN cut the scallops. Did I get all your questions?

Janstar 05-14-2011 07:11 PM

Thank you so much Patti!! It seems so easy until you acually start to do it, then things get over whelming as to what to start first. I will cut the pieces now and hopefully get sewing on it tomarrow. Thanks again, you are a life saver or quilt saver!!

sandpat 05-15-2011 05:05 AM

Oh gosh...I know the feeling well! I was sailing along until I got to this point and thought...oh man.....WHOA! Sit down, breath and think it through...it is a bit scary after a years worth of work!

Janstar 05-15-2011 07:36 PM

OK, I beavered away all day and am up to making the backing. Probably will have to piece it but that's alright. Then will have to buy some fabric for the binding. That's too bad huh? LOL!! Sorry for being a bother to you for all the directions Patti but they really helped me out tremendously!! I thank you once again! You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandpat 05-16-2011 04:32 AM

Oh gosh now Jan! Thats why we did the quilt as a group..so we could all help each other!

Now I can't WAIT to see your quilt!! Isn't it great that you aren't far from being completely finished...and right on schedule too!! Congrats!

sewNso 05-16-2011 02:10 PM

ALL my tri's are done. i have 8 more blocks to do of the center blocks. using the tut's of 'that quilt'. just figured and studied 2--I5, and h6. will worry about the next ones when i get these done. still have to do the 4 corner blocks. i would never have thought it possible for ME to do this quilt. software, 'that quilt', and YOU ALL. other wise, i would never have gotten this far. Thank you, thank you.

sandpat 05-16-2011 04:17 PM

Well sew...I'm excited for you! I think you will set some kind of record in doing it!!

Janstar 05-16-2011 05:28 PM

WTG Sew!!!!!!!! You are moving right along!

Thanks Patti! I can't wait to see it too!

sarahelloyd 05-17-2011 11:51 AM

Wow Sew, I am coming up right behind you, I've got 32 more units to sew, including the corners! Good luck with your last few. Did you leave your hardest til last like?

sandpat 05-17-2011 06:05 PM

Sarah...32 is great!! A far cry from when you started...eh??/