Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Margie 11-29-2009 05:04 PM

Maybe someone can help/explain this software to me.....

I have been on the fence about purchasing the eQ6 software....wouldnt it be able to do the same things as the DJ software and be more versatile? I am trying to figure out what to do.. I THINK I have heard you can scan fabrics, plan quilts and convert blocks into paper piecing....maybe I am wrong. But if you can do pretty much the same thing, why buy the DJ???

Margie

BlueChicken 11-29-2009 05:07 PM

Very nice blocks sunshine! :-)

Margie, the DJ software has all of the dj blocks already in there, the EQ software you would have to recreate each block individually. And it would be quite time consuming.

I have EQ6 and absolutely love it, but will be getting the DJ software as well as soon as I can afford it.

kluedesigns 11-29-2009 05:33 PM

i'm with blue on this one too. i have EQ and for $35 i don't have to draw 225 DJ blocks.

the cost comes to 0.16 cents per block - totally worth the money to save me the time of drafting everything.

Janstar 11-29-2009 07:09 PM

I don't understand everything about the software yet, if I ever do, computer dummy here, but I've already printed off quite a few PP patterns. Not sure about technique on some of them but Klue is going to rework some of those for us and tell us how to do the rest. She's our leader. It will be a ton of fun and I'm ready!!!!!!!!

Shemjo 11-29-2009 07:34 PM

The 3 blocks posted look great, Phyllis. Got to open my software and get up to speed.

Tiffany 11-29-2009 10:27 PM

Great job Phyllis, though I must say I cringed when reading you aren't buying any fabric for a year. :shock: My motto is "One can NEVER have enough fabric!" :lol: I don't think I could avoid a fabric store for a year. You are a braver person than I am!

cutebuns 11-29-2009 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My very first DJ block,

For those that have the software, I am trying to make one of the projects that they have. it is the table topper, when I saw it I immediately thought of my mom and her round kitchen table. I need 30 blocks to do it and thought this was a good way to warm up for this,

this block immediately caught my attention as well, I don't know what it was but I just had to do it,

kluedesigns 11-29-2009 11:57 PM

cutebun

OMG!!!!

its flawless - you're a rock star

cutebuns 11-30-2009 12:05 AM

The green was from stuff that was sent to me by Kwhite a bit ago, and it seemed to be prefect for this, It will match my DM kitchen as well.

I have a tendency to work with little pieces, this was a pretty simple one in the scheme of things, I love the pinwheel to start with, just helped DH do the double pinwheel for his doll quilt. I will have to do this block again, and again and again,

Does it look like I did some winging it on the little corner pieces? I didn't measure or anything, I just guessed where the little triangles should go and when the needle lined up with where the join was I did a little sewing, folded them out and they were in the right spot.

cutebuns 11-30-2009 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Klue,

Here is A6, Uncle Homer, yet again used from the fabric sent to me.