Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 06-10-2011 05:54 AM

Jan, I wonder the same thing as you are about the insurance. I don't think that our policy will cover them as anything other than a "blanket" unless we have a professional appraisal. You probably need to ask your insurance person how your policy will handle it. My DH is an ex-insurance person and he knows that we must get an appraisal and have a rider added to the policy. I'm nervous about sending my quilt away to a show too...I'm actually not sure I will. I dunno...

Sarah, sounds like you are getting close!! Can't wait to see your pics.

Janstar 06-11-2011 07:09 PM

Thanks for the info Patti. I'll call our insurance agent Momday and see what we have to do. I'll report back when I find out. I'm sure your DH is correct. I wouldn't mind having all my quilts insured. We all know how much time and money goes into them!

Janstar 06-13-2011 07:48 PM

Our insurance company said they would pay up to $1500 if something happened to my DJ. I don't have a clue how much it's worth. We have a lady here that can appraise it for a fee and I'm wondering if with all my boo boos it would be worth all that. She might not think it's much. I'm still wondering if I'll let it go.???? Input?

sandpat 06-14-2011 05:09 AM

Oh, I'd be so curious to see what it actually appraised for! I'm going to talk to our LQS about hosting someone to appraise quilts. I think it would be a good idea for her to bring someone in to do it. I'm sure it would be worth more than $1500, but that is quite a lot in my book! I know though that I wouldn't sell mine for that~mistakes and all!

sewNso 06-14-2011 05:44 AM

it's worth a million bucks. and not a penny less.
i'll check e-bay to see if i saved that one someone was trying to sell for almost $6000.

sarahelloyd 06-14-2011 06:34 AM

How can you put a price on your Jane, just counting the hours it took to make it makes it priceless!!

Jates 06-14-2011 11:36 AM

Jan, your quilt is beautiful!! You've given me inspriation to start working on mine again....I just made a few blocks so have 32 in all and I discovered that my background fabric tears really easily (I posted my drama in the pictures section). Anyways, I have to start over. I was wondering if anyone has used a variety of background fabrics in their Jane. I was wondering how it might look with say a variety of neutrals as the background. Any thoughts on that, has anyone seen one like that?

Sandpat your quilt has a variety of backgrounds doesn't it? Your quilt is beautiful....maybe I will charge ahead with a variety of backgrounds.

sewNso 06-14-2011 01:14 PM

if it tears easlily, and you are afraid it is too fragil , could you put stabilizer on the back of the ones you have already made?

sandpat 06-14-2011 04:34 PM

Yes Jates, I used several different backgrounds...mostly neutrals, but sometimes I swapped the block around and used the lighter value fabric where Jane used her dark. That made some darks the background...so really more than just the few neutrals!

I'm so sorry that you are having problems with your original fabric. I'm off to go look for the thread.

Janstar 06-14-2011 08:10 PM

First of all, Patti, I love that little dog!!!

I'm not selling it, I was just concerned that something might happen to it while it's out of town. It's going to be my families heirloom with complete instructions on how to care for it. I also want to put a sleeve on it. Have any of you done that?

Jates I'm so happy to hear you are completing your baby. Sorry about the fabric that tore on you! You could try the stabilizer and see what happens. Good luck!

Sara, I think they are priceless too! I didn't keep track of the hours it took but 19 months is 19 months! I'm lost without her to work on! Silly? Yes!