Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

KR 08-11-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Well done Karen. I have finally found some cheap backing fabric so now I need to assemble the pieces into a quilt!

You go, girl! I'm starting to look for backing fabric and also thinking about what to use for the plain triangles. I like the way Lacelady's finished DJ looks with using her background fabric for the plain triangles....it really sets off the pieced ones. But I also like Jane's original plan. Hmmmm....plenty of time to figure it all out.

mim 08-11-2011 01:36 PM

great !!! I'm just starting -- 3 blocks as of last night -- I admire you

QuiltswithConvicts 08-11-2011 03:29 PM

I love ther fact that we are "starting" this all over with new people!!! Hooray on you guy's progress. Before you know it, you will be so hooked on these little blocks that you will want to eat, sleep & breathe DJ blocks. Right, Patti?

sandpat 08-11-2011 05:07 PM

Yup...you're right Kathy! And the more blocks you do...the more you want to get done! You GO GIRLS!

sarahelloyd 08-11-2011 05:20 PM

It is only now that I have stopped working on the blocks that I realise just how addicted I had become to making them. My family must have thought I was mad! Funny isn't it!!

QuiltswithConvicts 08-11-2011 06:39 PM

It is only now that I have stopped working on the blocks that I realise just how addicted I had become to making them. My family must have thought I was mad! Funny isn't it!!

The "Affairs of the Heart" group grew out of our endless energy of needing to keep going & keeping the group together! There was a period of adjustment & almost a sense of loss when we were finished with the tops. The other ladies have machine quilted their Baby Janes, but I an hand quilting as I hand pieced the top according to just the book. I didn't have the software. Found the group when I was about half-way done with the blocks. Didn't want to change lanes in the middle of the highway, so finished it up. Had to stop quilting on it around March or April as it got too hot to quilt. It only got hotter! I hope to get back to it around Thanksgiving - should have cooled down by then - maybe!

Lacelady 08-12-2011 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by KR
Ladies, yesterday was a milestone in my DJ "career".....finished the LAST square block....G6 and it is soooo cute! Have 7 triangles completed and I'm jazzed to really get working on them! Karen

Congratulations!

Lacelady 08-12-2011 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

The "Affairs of the Heart" group grew out of our endless energy of needing to keep going & keeping the group together! There was a period of adjustment & almost a sense of loss when we were finished with the tops. The other ladies have machine quilted their Baby Janes, but I an hand quilting as I hand pieced the top according to just the book. I didn't have the software. Found the group when I was about half-way done with the blocks. Didn't want to change lanes in the middle of the highway, so finished it up. Had to stop quilting on it around March or April as it got too hot to quilt. It only got hotter! I hope to get back to it around Thanksgiving - should have cooled down by then - maybe!

I hand quilted mine Kathy, I did the blocks as I went along, with just block and batting (no backing) then when everything was assembled, I quilted in the ditch (by hand) to attach the backing to the front.

QuiltswithConvicts 08-12-2011 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I hand quilted mine Kathy, I did the blocks as I went along, with just block and batting (no backing) then when everything was assembled, I quilted in the ditch (by hand) to attach the backing to the front.

Oh, that's right. I'm sorry, Les! This ol' addlepated brain sometimes completely forgets the facts! AND she did a beautiful pattern on her plain triangles, too. I suppose I will have to decide about what to quilt there around Christmas.

sandpat 08-12-2011 05:07 AM

LOL...mine was hand quilted too Kathy- did it the "Lesley way!"...but no matter, you'll have fun getting back to yours when it FINALLY does cool down for you.