Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Blinky 02-01-2011 05:55 AM

Man it is awesome Meredith!! Mine is going to have different backgrounds so was so excited to see yours and the way it looked. I was getting worried because all the DJs I had been seeing had the cream type background like the cover on the book. Well, I certainly wasn't going to start over....lol...after about 30+ blocks finished the scrappy way :oops: Thanks so much for posting the pic and making my day!

sandpat 02-01-2011 06:19 AM

Elizabeth...you have 30 blocks already done??? :shock:...you GO GIRL! Mine is a dark background and scrappy too...so when do we get to see some of your blocks??

Blinky 02-01-2011 08:22 AM

I had posted some blocks on this site a while back...will have to take some more pics and post! DJ has been put on hold for about a week...some dang other things got in my way :roll: And will be going out of town next week...poor DJ... :-(

wilhelmina 02-01-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Blinky
Man it is awesome Meredith!! Mine is going to have different backgrounds so was so excited to see yours and the way it looked. I was getting worried because all the DJs I had been seeing had the cream type background like the cover on the book. Well, I certainly wasn't going to start over....lol...after about 30+ blocks finished the scrappy way :oops: Thanks so much for posting the pic and making my day!

Thank you Blinky, I used one fabric line (Kansas Winter from Kansas Troubles) and some plain ivory, but I have a block from Janstar and two blocks with Sandpat's fabrics! I think the black sashing (also a Kansas Winter black) was the "glue" for the quilt! I considered a scrappy Jane, they are lovely and very interesting!

Please layout your 30+ blocks, take a pic and share!!! We love pictures. :lol:

luvmortherest 02-01-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Blinky

i have one set of DJ's that are totally scrappy, then i have another set that is predominately reds and blues.

Blinky 02-01-2011 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok Meredith, here yah go! I didn't know I had so many done until I drug them out!!! I counted 83 plus one tri block that I just finished a couple of weeks ago. There are about 10 though that I would love to do over. Pretty bad....some of my first and they are fairly easy ones so it won't be too bad. I took two pics one for one side and the other pic for the other side. It was hard to get them all on one pic using my cell phone :lol: And you can see them better this way I think. I have a pieced quilt on my design wall right now that just needs a little time to get it finished and off the wall. Then I will start putting the DJ blocks on it. It's going to have to be put on hold though because I will be going out of town next week. I will be bringing some knitting with me that I need to finish up before the baby outgrows it! :oops: I LOVE fabrics like Kansas Troubles! I guess that is what attracted me to your quilt. Love civil war and primitive type fabrics. I need to find a color to do the small borders around the blocks in. Can't remember if you did yours in brown or black. I love the colors you used for the insert triangles. I am hoping my blocks will still look ok with your tri colors. Maybe I need to start doing the rest of the blocks in more of the colors you used. Ok...you got me thinking! :idea:

luvmortherest 02-01-2011 01:19 PM

awesome Blinky

Shemjo 02-01-2011 01:48 PM

Great Blinky! C'Mon and trudge along with me! I still have lots to do, but I haven't quit yet!

Blinky 02-01-2011 01:59 PM

Thank you! It's been a long time comin' as everyone well knows!

Blinky 02-01-2011 02:01 PM

Thanks Shenjo! Where abouts are you? I would be more than happy to drudge along with ya! Stay in touch and post some pics too! Meredith made me do it :roll: