Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 APRIL 2012 BOM Tulip pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-april-2012-bom-tulip-pictures-t184633.html)

hopetoquilt 04-02-2012 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Andii (Post 5111722)
hopetoquilt,
Very pretty-it's such a happy block. I think you did a really good job for your first applique. I have never used silk thread, does it feel any different to work with?

I feel like silk thread slides through the fabric more easily and is less noticeable than hand quilting thread or other threads.

Jenniky 04-02-2012 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 5111519)
Just finished mine this afternoon. Don't look too closely. It is my absolute first attempt at needle turn applique and i don't own matching silk thread. It was a fun block to make. It isn't perfect but I still love it.

I like your fabric and color combinations. Looks Rustic to me..and I love rustic. Im still auditioning fabrics for this block. I'm having trouble deciding. I love this block so much I am thinking about making one and substituting it for one of the blocks in the quilt Im working on for my grandaughter. Again wonderful block Hopetoquilt. :thumbup:

Oksewnsew 04-02-2012 06:16 PM

Very nice, HopetoQuilt...You're braver than I am, lolo - I always do applique by machine, using different stitches, depending on the item I'm appliquing. Kudos to you..:thumbup:

Jean

Oksewnsew 04-02-2012 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I should really post my picture here, it's on the other thread, but---so here it is..;o)

Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324845[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 04-02-2012 07:11 PM

These are coming out so pretty everyone! I'm not fond of doing applique, but have done mine and will post tomorrow.

nickylsf 04-02-2012 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my version of April Tulips. I want my quilt to be all paper pieced, so I selected a pattern from Carol Doak. It is actually called May Flowers.

SulaBug 04-02-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 5111519)
Just finished mine this afternoon. Don't look too closely. It is my absolute first attempt at needle turn applique and i don't own matching silk thread. It was a fun block to make. It isn't perfect but I still love it.

WOW!! :D It's hard to believe this is your first attemp at needle turned applique'. It couldn't have turned out any nicer & I just LOVE it!! I would say that it looks very perfect to me. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board. I can't wait to see more of your applique' work!! I think your are a natural at it.
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 04-02-2012 10:54 PM

Jean[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][ATTACH=CONFIG]324845[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]

Jean..........Thank you so much for posting your Tulip block picture on this thread too!! I can't praise it enough as it turned out really beautiful. The color's you chose to put together couldn't have been more perfect. I also want to thank you for picking this great pattern for all of us to share & make together!!

SulaBug 04-02-2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5112191)
Here is my version of April Tulips. I want my quilt to be all paper pieced, so I selected a pattern from Carol Doak. It is actually called May Flowers.

Nicky.......Your paper pieced Tulip block is also wonderful. I just love it too!! :D All of the colors you have put together with your black back ground just pop so nicely!! Carol Doak's patterns are so awesome to work with. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!

SulaBug 04-02-2012 11:03 PM

I just wanted to say how proud I am of everyone & all of their efforts making these wonderful 2012 Calendat Theme BOM blocks, so far!! :D Now we are all really excited to see more of them. Enjoy this pattern & have fun sewing & sharing!!