Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 August 2012 BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-august-2012-bom-pictures-t196391.html)

mimiknoxtaylor 09-06-2012 02:55 AM

Cajun, I love your block! Also love Carol Doak patterns. Look very complicated but ready go together nicely.

Anael 09-06-2012 01:17 PM

Cajun, tiny blocks! I thought the Jane blocks were small! I would love to see some pictures.

CajunBear 09-12-2012 11:30 AM

My Cat In Pumpkin PP Block

1 Attachment(s)
Okay I finally got my Carol Doak Paper-Piecing Paper in and here is my block. The center part which is 3" x 3" was in two parts, a 1" x 3" and a 2" by 3"...so you can see what a trip dealing with those small, small pieces was. My scratch pad paper kept separating from the fabrics so I had to have good quality paper to do it.

I added the black border and pumpkin fabric on my own. This pattern is for card inserts!

Hugs,
Cajun

SulaBug 09-12-2012 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5509471)
Okay I finally got my Carol Doak Paper-Piecing Paper in and here is my block. The center part which is 3" x 3" was in two parts, a 1" x 3" and a 2" by 3"...so you can see what a trip dealing with those small, small pieces was. My scratch pad paper kept separating from the fabrics so I had to have good quality paper to do it.

I added the black border and pumpkin fabric on my own. This pattern is for card inserts!

Hugs,
Cajun

Cajun............this block is so cute & you have done a wonderful job piecing it together. The black cat just makes it along with your cute border fabric's. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!
:D :D :D :D

thomp116 09-28-2012 08:05 AM

August BOM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is walk-n-roll's August block. Her computer is not cooperating!

Jeanine 09-28-2012 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5547084)

I like your sunshine. It is shining!

SulaBug 09-28-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5547084)

walk-n-roll...........your August block is so pretty!! :D The bright color's you have put together are wonderful too. You have done such a nice job making your block. Thank you thomp116 for posting her block pictures, so we can all see them & enjoy their beauty!!

VickiM 10-22-2012 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cajunbear...love your block!
I'm playing catchup...I decided to not do the pp block; instead I picked a block out of my calendar (365 blocks), it's called thunder & lightening...that's what we get here, usually, in Aug. So I thought it was very fitting. If you look closely at the blue sky fabric, it has metalic lightening coming out of it...perfect block for that fabric! :)

SulaBug 10-22-2012 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 5605180)
Cajunbear...love your block!
I'm playing catchup...I decided to not do the pp block; instead I picked a block out of my calendar (365 blocks), it's called thunder & lightening...that's what we get here, usually, in Aug. So I thought it was very fitting. If you look closely at the blue sky fabric, it has metalic lightening coming out of it...perfect block for that fabric! :)

WOW!! :D I guess you have really been playing catch up working on your 2012 Calendar theme blocks. I am so glad that you are getting caught up. That sky fabric with the silver lightening is fantastic. I love it, it makes your block really stand out nicely. Nice choice of block pattern. Thank you for sharing with all of us. We love Show & Tell, don't we?

Jeanine 10-23-2012 03:52 PM

VickiM: I like your take on this month. Sun and thunderstorm. Wish I hadv'e thought of that!
Good job.