Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

cherylmae 01-07-2011 11:16 PM

wow, that is so neat with the grass and flowers.

SulaBug 01-07-2011 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by faithsmamaw
i am new to this site and not sure how to post pictures. i posted wrong to start with. i searched help and it told me to create new topic so i followed those directions sorry . I hope this one goes where it is supposed to. I took the picture of my block with my camera phone so the colors are off a little bit.

Yeah!! :thumbup: You found the right place< I am so glad to see that your block is already done. I Love it!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 01-07-2011 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Laura F
I finally finished by church block. This is my first attempt at pp and I love it.

What a great block & your first time at pp'ing too!! What a great job you have done. Your block is beautiful!!

SulaBug 01-07-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by faithsmamaw
i have a question never did the bom before i have my put together but i was wondering does anyone ever do embroidery on their quilt block

I just have to answer your question. Yes, I add a lot of embroidery to many of my blocks. I believe that several pages back another person did embroidery on her Church block & it looks really nice. I am so glad that you asked. So go for it, the shy is the limit!!

luvmortherest 01-07-2011 11:50 PM

everyones blocks are just gorgeous.

i have mine started but then my youngest daughter and granddaughters are here for a visit before they have to go back to Germany (son-in-law is in the Air Force).
i will be finishing mine as soon as i can but i am going to spend lots of time with my precious granddaughters.

Ginger 01-08-2011 12:04 AM

Very nice!!! I want to learn paper piecing too!!!

BizzieLizzie 01-08-2011 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Well I did it!! If it weren't for the silly 1 inch block being off it wouldn't took near as long!! I found my "Lady" in my stash, she looked as if she were raising hands towards Heaven, so I said "Perfect"!!

WOW! lovely!

BizzieLizzie 01-08-2011 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
hi all, i've loved looking at all the church houses, here's mine i made today, i had a bit of a problem though as my printer isn't talking to the pc at the mo... one of them must be male!! lol...
so i had to kind of trace the pattern off the screen!!! and them make sure all the edges matched up!! urghhh!! what a faff, but it was well worth it!
i adore my 'wee church'!!!
thanks for looking :)

Looks lovely! Well done for effort!

BizzieLizzie 01-08-2011 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I built my church last night. I cut the outside sky pieces larger instead of adding another strip. This is going to be a fun BOM.

Gosh! Love your windows!

BizzieLizzie 01-08-2011 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Here's mine. Pretty plain Jane compared to some others, but I had fun. It took me awhile though, lots of little pieces!!

Simple is sometimes the best and for me, the best churches were unassuming!