Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

Momma_K 01-10-2011 09:58 AM

Very Very nice!! Great choice of fabrics, the movement and directions are perfect!! I used to PP quite a bit also years ago, I used typing paper and forgot I had Carol Doaks paper, so much easier to use! But too I love PP, can be addicting!

Momma_K 01-10-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
I have bought some fabrics but I do not know how to make the adjustments for the computer to get the correct sizes of the patterns. I guess since I have never paper pieced, it all seems so overwhelming.

I got this from the November 2010 BOM. I've used it several times now and I didn't know how to enlarge either...........Hope this helps.

How to change the size of your print-out.

1. Click on Template A
2. Left click on File
3. Go to Print Preview
4. On that ribbon, go to the box that says "Shrink to fit"
5. Click on the down arrow
6. Scroll to Custom, click
7. Type in 111% as your starting point, hit Enter
8. Place your cursor on the Printer on the same ribbon
9. Left click
10. Printer box comes up. Be sure you only print one for now. Measure the “Test 1inch” box and make sure it measures 1 inch.

If it doesn’t………keep adjusting the 111% up or down till you get the right size.

We are finding only the Template A needs to be adjusted and printed in “Landscape” mode. However, check the test box on each as you print them.

I wonder if anyone has thought of contacting Marcia Hohn about her template? If SHE can correct this it would be SO helpful. I tried emailing her once before but never got an answer, but this was like 4 months ago. :?

Anne 01-10-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Mine is done. I had to do a lot of fudging or do part of it over, which I didn't want to do, because just one of the pages didn't print the right size.

Oh well... on to the next.

I had the same problem as you, one of my windows was larger than the other. I thought I had measured all of my one inch squares to make sure every page was to scale, but I found my mistake. I am new to quilting and PP, have tons to learn.
When I get my windows the same size, I will try to post a picture.
BTW, ALL of the church blocks are beautiful. For the ones who have never done PP before, you did a great job. Now, to try to correct my mistakes. Happy sewing, Anne

hobbykat1955 01-10-2011 11:49 AM

great for your first PP

hobbykat1955 01-10-2011 11:52 AM

very nice

laureneberhard 01-10-2011 11:54 AM

Here's my country church. (OK maybe not! can't get pic to load) will try again later

Do love all the churches that everyone has made. This is FUN :thumbup: :lol:

firequilt 01-10-2011 01:20 PM

I just finished my church block and made mine to match out church. White with red door and church like windows. love it

laureneberhard 01-10-2011 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK Here's my second try to get a picture of my church posted. I'm planning on doing more embellishing once the quilt is completed, because it's too hard to quilt around any 3D items when I put the quilt on my LA Thanks Sulabug for such a great choice of a block.

Lauren's country church..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157415[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 01-10-2011 02:12 PM

Lauren, that is very sweet. :wink:

Anne 01-10-2011 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New to PP and new to quilting, but I was determined to do this block. It was fun and I learned what not to do (after the second time ) :lol: Hope I can get the picture up.

My block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157429[/ATTACH]