Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

quilts4fun 01-11-2011 12:10 PM

I have been gone for the last few days and when I got back went and looked at everyones blocks....WOW. They all look so different. Everyone has done a great job. I can hardly wait for next month.

Tulip 01-11-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine
I have been lurking for years but for this BOM I had to come and join the fun. I've always wanted to do buildings. I have "borrowed" some ideas from the earlier posts and would like to thank the early posters for breaking the path. :) They are all wonderful. There is so much to learn from other interpretations of the block and I look forward to putting some of those things into the next blocks. I haven't fastened the tree yet as I'm kind of waiting to see some of the next building blocks.

Absolutely Stunning!

Tulip 01-11-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
This block got the best of me.......I will conquer it eventually though. I pieced the roof section first, then the windows and they were not the same size. I went solely by the little test square.....next time I will match the pattern pieces before starting. As a result, there is no back wall on my little church (only way to make it line up with the roofing). And I will appllique the windows, door and steeple when I make the next one.

Everyone that did PP for the first time have done an incredible job!! I have PP before, so don't know why this gave me so much trouble. I love the block, so I will attempt another.

Your sky fabric is fantastic! What a beautiful block.

roseOfsharon 01-11-2011 01:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just finished my block! I am happy with how it turned out too!!

Close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158152[/ATTACH]

Church and the church cat :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158153[/ATTACH]

Short an Sweet 01-11-2011 01:29 PM

I love the cat and the bird

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Durinda 01-11-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Oh! I love the cat and the roof! They give your block such a loving feeling. Great job! :P

Momma_K 01-11-2011 03:08 PM

Great job, love the block!!

faithsmamaw 01-11-2011 03:56 PM

you did a great job i like the cat

hobbykat1955 01-11-2011 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my "Old Stone Church in the Woods"...When I travel I love searching out these Old small Churches...

MisDixie 01-11-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
This is my "Old Stone Church in the Woods"...When I travel I love searching out these Old small Churches...

Oh I have fabric envey! Love the birch trees! and the Old Stone Church!