Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

hobbykat1955 01-12-2011 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by bevysue57
Well, my church is facing the other direction, couldn't get printer to work, so guesstamated, but here is my first block

Good job...love the outlining of the Church...POPS

hobbykat1955 01-12-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I just finished my block! I am happy with how it turned out too!!

You should be happy...love the accents of the cat, tree and bird

hobbykat1955 01-12-2011 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
This block got the best of me.......I will conquer it eventually though. I pieced the roof section first, then the windows and they were not the same size. I went solely by the little test square.....next time I will match the pattern pieces before starting. As a result, there is no back wall on my little church (only way to make it line up with the roofing). And I will appllique the windows, door and steeple when I make the next one.

Everyone that did PP for the first time have done an incredible job!! I have PP before, so don't know why this gave me so much trouble. I love the block, so I will attempt another.

Love your sky and windows...good job

hobbykat1955 01-12-2011 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by karenkrafts
Finished my block tonight. No printer si had to follow the pattern free hand. I made it 12.5 square. It also is my first ever paper piece and it was fun to make!

For your first and no pattern you did an excellent job...Love your fabrics...give it a whole new look

hobbykat1955 01-12-2011 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I built my church last night. I cut the outside sky pieces larger instead of adding another strip. This is going to be a fun BOM.

Your fabrics pop and I just love the windows...

lindyline 01-12-2011 03:41 AM

Well, my church is facing the other direction, couldn't get printer to work, so guesstamated, but here is my first block

wow, that's one pretty leadlight church!

Durinda 01-12-2011 05:33 AM

beautiful! I never could have done it without a printer! Very impressive work!

whitepine 01-12-2011 09:00 AM

Nice outlining, and love the starry sky.

BizzieLizzie 01-12-2011 10:06 AM

Beautiful!

SulaBug 01-12-2011 10:28 AM

Ladies, you are BLOWING me away with all of your lovely Church blocks!! :thumbup: I just can't get over all of the wonderful idea's & the gorgeous fabric's you are all using. I am just amazed & so thrilled that everyone is having such a great time. This year is going to be a fantastic year. I can hardly wait to see some finished quilts at the end of the year. Thank You everyone for trying & sharing all of your wonderful talents. I can't wait to see more!!
:D :D :D :D