Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

bailey 01-22-2011 12:02 AM

Thank you SulaBug.....I am so excited to have finished it. Now I can't wait for the next block but I do hope it isn't PP. LOL

sew cornie 01-22-2011 12:08 AM

bailey, it's absolutely beautiful! The church looks like it's just nestled there in the woods. The background fabric works so well as both ground and sky. On the ground, the dark blue looks like a pond reflecting the stars in the sky. Cool!

Surfergirl 01-22-2011 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bailey
OK, you are all making me sooooo jealous. The churches are all so wonderful and creative. So...I finally tried PP. Can't say that I really like it but I now have a church too!
Won't say how long this took but needless to say if it was a whole quilt I don't think I would live long enough to complete it. LOL Hope you like my church - I do.

Love your church...you did a beautiful job!

hheelleenn 01-22-2011 04:37 AM

bailey, I can hear the stillness from here. Peaceful is the word.

beachlady 01-22-2011 05:10 AM

More great churchs! Still haven't gotten back to mine - few more days left.

hobbykat1955 01-22-2011 05:40 AM

Great job...love the appliques...

mommamac 01-22-2011 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Here is my Church block, which is also my first Paper Pieced. I loved doing it! It's made using scraps and stash, and I hope to do both the BOM's the same way.

Great setting for a Church.
Reminds me of the poem Maker of Heaven and Earth
"All creatures great and small..."

hobbykat1955 01-22-2011 05:42 AM

OK, you are all making me sooooo jealous. The churches are all so wonderful and creative. So...I finally tried PP. Can't say that I really like it but I now have a church too!
Won't say how long this took but needless to say if it was a whole quilt I don't think I would live long enough to complete it. LOL Hope you like my church - I do.

Great Job...love your scene

mommamac 01-22-2011 05:45 AM

I'm waiting to hear "Silent NIght" playing in the background -your Church is lovely.
Don't give up on PP - it gets better with practice and you certainly look like you know what you're doing.

sewTinker 01-22-2011 05:51 AM

Just want to say that my church block is 2/3 complete. Life keeps getting in the way! hmmmphf! I am making a last-minute trip to reno (my mom isn't doing well), and will try my best to get that 1/3 completed before I leave monday morning. Might be that my january block doesn't happen until february. The church blocks on here are absolutely Beautiful. I am wow'd.