Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-January-2014 Block/Projects of the month PHOTO'S. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2014-block-projects-month-photos-t237850.html)

VickiM 01-10-2014 05:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had 2 stack & wack 12 1/2" blocks left over from about 20 years ago...finally will use them!:thumbup: This is one (showing all 4 sides--2 1/2" darts), the other I will make a pincushion out of later on...will put both back for my secret santa here on the QB when the time comes. I start early, can have a great box for ss when it's time! :) Might make more during the year as time allows for other gifts...easy project.:):):)

deedum 01-10-2014 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6505178)
All I can find is a 12" square uses a 2 1/2" corner. I know I seen more but can't find it. Sorry. If you take a piece of newspaper and cut a square and then sew, staple or tape the corners it should give you a pretty good idea of what to use. Mary

thanks, I will give this a try!

m-fay 01-10-2014 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful Vicki...I've just finished another one. I did the french seams & like them better on the outside. I wont put buttons on this one yet as I may find something better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]455914[/ATTACH]

pbadder 01-10-2014 09:02 PM

for some reason site will not let me post pictures here, but I have created an album that they will let me post my pictures. you are welcome to go and look and let me know what you think. Right now I only have one picture which is my cover picture. I am making 8 Valentine baskets to add goodies in to give as gifts to my Sorority Chapter members. I also made one for my SS here and bought notions to put in it I will be adding more things to it as months permit. By the time she will receive it there will be lots of goodies in it.

jaba 01-11-2014 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6505178)
All I can find is a 12" square uses a 2 1/2" corner. I know I seen more but can't find it. Sorry. If you take a piece of newspaper and cut a square and then sew, staple or tape the corners it should give you a pretty good idea of what to use. Mary

Never thought of using paper! You are the mother of invention, I would have grabbed some scrap fabric and wasted all that time. Thanks

Jenniky 01-11-2014 11:25 AM

Did I miss the link to the French Seams Tutorial??? They look really nice. :thumbup:

SulaBug 01-11-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 6506936)
Did I miss the link to the French Seams Tutorial??? They look really nice. :thumbup:

Fabric Boxes with French Seams Tutorial

Hi Jenniky, I just found this tutorial post a couple of days ago & thought I would share it with all of you ladies. I am anxious to give it a try myself. Enjoy!!
:D :D :D :D

Jenniky 01-11-2014 01:30 PM

Oh That is awesome, Thank you to SewExtremeseams for sharing the tutorial and You Sula for posting this link here. I think that will be my project for tomorrow is to make another box this time with the French Seams. :thumbup::thumbup:

VickiM 01-11-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 6505805)
Beautiful Vicki...I've just finished another one. I did the french seams & like them better on the outside. I wont put buttons on this one yet as I may find something better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]455914[/ATTACH]

That's fantastic...putting them on the outside prevents the need for basting inside. I will try the french seam at a later date & think I'll borrow your idea of putting them on the outside. Love that outside fabric you used!:)

whitepine 01-12-2014 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These boxes looked so cute that I had to give them a try. It was so much fun to start and finish a project in just a couple of hours. I have a bunch of 10" batik squares I didn't know what to do with so maybe they have found a purpose.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]456222[/ATTACH]