Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 July 2012 BOM pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-july-2012-bom-pictures-t193274.html)

SulaBug 07-03-2012 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=CajunBear;5335589]Hi everyone, would you believe I've been looking for the posting of the selection and kept going to the Bee thread...duh! It just dawned on me "partners" there block choices here! lol Jean I know you have to straighten me out on that but you would think since I choose the block that I would know the Thread! lol

Here is my block! Hope you all like it![QUOTE]

Thank Goodness you found the right thread, so you could share with all of us the block that you picked for the month of July!! :D I really like the way your block turned out & am so pleased that it has been such a sucess for this month. Everyone is doing a marvelous job making their's too. Thank you so much for picking this great block & for sharing your's with us too!!
:D :D :D :D

Tweety2911 07-03-2012 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5335187)
Urgodschild, Bibliostone, Tweety and Oksewnsew you guys are speedy :) Fabulous blocks as usual. Im still in the fabric selection mode. Im looking for that twist to make the block mine. :) LOL I am really looking at the scrappy aspect of this block. Im thinking that is the key to my personalizing it. The field of stars fabric is my stump-er though. So the search is still on. :)

Jenniky, I always look forward to seeing what kind of spin you put into your blocks, I will be looking out for it:)
Thomp116, love your watermellon and blueberry choice of fabrics! A patriotic picnic!

klgreene 07-03-2012 01:42 PM

July Block

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my July block. As you know I make two blocks, usually this BOM and one similar but different, for my grandaughters. But I decided to make two of this block. The way I'll make them different, is that I'm going to use this as the signature block. So I'll embroidry their names, and the date and maybe a couple little embroidered fireworks in the white area. Now I'll just wait until I set up my embroidery part of my machine. Which might be a while yet. Next month I'll be on vacation the first two weeks of Aug, so will have to do those blocks later in the month, but I don't want to miss a month.

Latrinka 07-03-2012 03:19 PM

Beautiful block!

Jenniky 07-03-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5335516)
Here is my July BOM. Normally, I would have done strictly red, white, and blue. But, I was working with some food fabrics, and couldn't resist doing this in the blueberries and watermelon.

Happy 4th of July to all! Enjoy and be safe!

That just so speaks of Fourth of July Picnics. I would never of thought of using fruit fabric.. the coloration is fabulous. Really great job Kris :thumbup:

Jenniky 07-03-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 5336398)
Here is my July block. As you know I make two blocks, usually this BOM and one similar but different, for my grandaughters. But I decided to make two of this block. The way I'll make them different, is that I'm going to use this as the signature block. So I'll embroidry their names, and the date and maybe a couple little embroidered fireworks in the white area. Now I'll just wait until I set up my embroidery part of my machine. Which might be a while yet. Next month I'll be on vacation the first two weeks of Aug, so will have to do those blocks later in the month, but I don't want to miss a month.

Now this block makes me want to stand up and salute. Great job on this block very summery and festive. :thumbup:

Anael 07-04-2012 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ladies, your blocks are gorgeous! I love the food one :D
Here's mine. I don't live in the US so mine is not RBW. I thought of flowers and bright fabric so that's what I did!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346475[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 07-04-2012 06:04 AM

"HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !!" All the blocks are so pretty.This thread is finally getting to be chatty. love it. Mary

dd 07-04-2012 08:27 AM

I really like your flowers and bright pink, Anael. I was thinking, if you don't live in the US, you could also do a beach scene. The stars could be the beach and the stripes could be blue and white for the waves. Or a snow covered mountain and the stripes are the hills below. No, haven't started mine yet.hehe

Jeanine 07-04-2012 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Independance Day. In celebration of having the day off of work, I made my July block.