Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-June-2014 Project of the Month, Microwave Fabric Bowl, Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-june-2014-project-month-microwave-fabric-bowl-photos-t247785.html)

judy363905 06-03-2014 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was a super fun project...it was also just the right size to practice fmq, I think I will be making more of these for family. :). Thanks for this project SulaBug.

grandmaNicole 06-03-2014 11:22 PM

All are very beautiful. Gotta do my myself, still not sure if I was out, but I have to try.
and I have learned not to put pictures.

SulaBug 06-03-2014 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 6743825)
This was a super fun project...it was also just the right size to practice fmq, I think I will be making more of these for family. :). Thanks for this project SulaBug.

Judy...........What a great job you have done on your Microwave fabric bowls & I really like your color combinations. Would the fabric to the left of your bowl be the matching napkins? :D I am glad you will be making more, please share your new photo's when you get them all done!! Great Job!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 06-03-2014 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by grandmaNicole (Post 6743878)
All are very beautiful. Gotta do my myself, still not sure if I was out, but I have to try. and I have learned not to put pictures.

GrandmaNicole...........We are so glad to hear from you & that you like this project for the JUNE Project of the Month. We will be so anxious to hear how your Microwave Fabric bowls turn out. I know you can do it, so just go for it, okay? :D Good Luck & have fun making this fun project!!

grandmaNicole 06-04-2014 01:31 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, I hope I can put photos ...I`m back.

applique 06-04-2014 05:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few ready to go. Used to use Warm Tater batting, now using Wrap and Zap especially made for the microwave. Rebuilding stock because I was sick for a month and they almost sold out. Hustling now to get back in control.

SulaBug 06-04-2014 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6745324)
A few ready to go. Used to use Warm Tater batting, now using Wrap and Zap especially made for the microwave. Rebuilding stock because I was sick for a month and they almost sold out. Hustling now to get back in control.

WOW!! :D You sure have made some gorgeous Fabric Bowls. What a wonderful assortment of prints & color's. I hope you can get caught up really soon & stay well. It's certainly no fun being sick for a month. How many do you like to keep on hand at one given time? Thank You for sharing your photo's with all of us!!

SewExtremeSeams 06-05-2014 07:20 AM

Beautiful fabric bowls!

I see there is Warm Tater batting and Wrap n Zap batting. How are they made differently than plain Warm & Natural cotton batting? I have read some reviews and can't see the difference. Is it just for liability purposes because it says 'especially made for the microwave' on the packaging?

SulaBug 06-05-2014 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 6746014)
Beautiful fabric bowls!

I see there is Warm Tater batting and Wrap n Zap batting. How are they made differently than plain Warm & Natural cotton batting? I have read some reviews and can't see the difference. Is it just for liability purposes because it says 'especially made for the microwave' on the packaging?

Good Question, I would be very interested in knowing the answer to this too!!

Cactus Stitchin 06-05-2014 04:44 PM

I was looking online for factual information but have not been able to find anything definitive yet. I do remember reading a while back that batting designed for the microwave has been cleaned/processed more than other 100% cotton battings to ensure it contains no scrim or other metal fragments. Whatever I read stated that even though batting may be 100% cotton, it still contains some degree of metal and other materials due to the manufacturing and cleaning process which causes problems in the microwave. Wish I could remember where I found that information.........but so far no luck.