Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 May 2011 Red & White School House pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-may-2011-red-white-school-house-pictures-t119997.html)

SulaBug 05-01-2011 11:42 AM

Thank you Everyone, for your kind comments. I must admit that it was a fun block to make. I will be anxiously waiting to see all of yours as you get them done. BRING them ON!!
:D :D :D :D

Matilda 05-01-2011 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like your school house Sulabug! Here is mine. I even pressed it!!

susie0808 05-01-2011 03:48 PM

You guys have done a great job! I just printed out my pattern. You all have inspired me to join in!

2 Doods 05-01-2011 04:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I used the PP method-
What a fun and easy one to do!
I added more grass and sky to make it 12".
The village is starting to take shape. I am waiting a bit before deciding how to put them all together. I hope by repeating the different sky fabrics they will all go together in the end.

May 1, 2011 School House
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191768[/ATTACH]

The Village so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191769[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 05-01-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Matilda
I like your school house Sulabug! Here is mine. I even pressed it!!

WOW!! :thumbup: You are the first one to post your block today & it's a great school house. I love the red color's you have used. What a nice press job, too!! I just might have to make this pattern again & in red.

SulaBug 05-01-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I used the PP method-
The village is starting to take shape. I am waiting a bit before deciding how to put them all together. I hope by repeating the different sky fabrics they will all go together in the end.

Another wonderful school house block!! :thumbup: I love your block too. The brick fabric looks really nice & all of your blocks look great together. I also added more sky & grass to make mine 12". I am planning on making them all that size. Nice work.

SulaBug 05-01-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by susie0808
You guys have done a great job! I just printed out my pattern. You all have inspired me to join in!

Susie, we are so glad to have you join in making this school house block with all of us. I can hardly wait to see your finished block. Please post pictures when you are done!!

sew cornie 05-01-2011 09:43 PM

Alice, I love your blocks together! I think they compliment one another very well. This month's block looks fun to do. Must head off to pick out fabrics . . . .

I used the PP method-

neeng 05-02-2011 05:23 AM

I used the PP method-

I love your schoolhouse, the bricks and the "formula" window really set it off. I'm doing the same, using the same sky and one other fabric somewhere in each block to tie them together, but haven't thought about what the setting will look like yet.

fivepaws 05-02-2011 07:05 AM

Thank you. ♥♥