Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 November 2013 lock of the Month direction's pattern. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-november-2013-lock-month-directions-pattern-t233747.html)

CajunBear 11-06-2013 06:39 AM

[QUOTE=jaba;6389312]Well it's sewn but I lost my points in the middle.....may have to do it again, we'll see. Need to wait awhile to do that but probably will before I put this quilt together, just need a little rest from those little 1/2 sqs .anyway here is my mess ladies.
/QUOTE]

There is no reason to redo this block! It's beautiful and looks great! The flaws you see NOONE will notice when this beautiful quilt is finished!

hugs,
Betty

Jenniky 11-06-2013 09:55 AM

What is the finished size of the little half squares. Are they 1.5 inch squares ???? Im cutting from scraps so can not do the quick method as they have instructed. Please help.

Jenniky 11-06-2013 10:06 AM

Never mind I found it in the instructions... Press seam allowances towards the darker fabric. Trim these back to measure 1-1/2" if needed. Amazing what you find when you are not speed reading the instructions.. LOL

CajunBear 11-06-2013 10:44 AM

Amen! And if we would just reread before we ask someone, but I never do, it's so easy to ask! Lol then we end up answering our own question! Now, we can laugh at ourselves and others can too as laughing is infectious and healthy for us" we should laugh every day!

Hugs and HaHaHa
Cajun

CAS49OR 11-06-2013 01:08 PM

Pretty block, looks challenging, but that was the theme this year, right? I should dig out my Angler and see if it is helpful. I think I tried it once before and roughly 1/4th of my squares turned out the right size. :rolleyes: I think I decided to just do them the regular way.

Jenniky 11-06-2013 01:18 PM

I have to say many of the blocks this year have really pushed me.... I still have a few to conquer. And yes Cajun I had to laugh at myself. :D:D:D

CAS49OR 11-06-2013 01:24 PM

I printed the template -- using Internet Explorer as we learned last month-- it is 3 1/4" square. Hmmm, now what to do with it? Oh yeah, go make the BOTM, :)

djmat 11-08-2013 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my November substitute, 33 pieces with a hidden seam, or what ever you call it when you have to go underneath to pick up a seam. It's Marcia Hohn's original design called South Carolina Star that Mary picked out from Quilters Cache.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]445584[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 11-08-2013 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6393342)
Here's my November substitute, 33 pieces with a hidden seam, or what ever you call it when you have to go underneath to pick up a seam. It's Marcia Hohn's original design called South Carolina Star that Mary picked out from Quilters Cache.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]445584[/ATTACH]

WOW!! :D I really like the block that you substituted for November's BOM 2013 choice. It looks so interesting & I might even want to give that pattern a try too. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today. Good Job!!
:D :D :D :D

djmat 11-09-2013 12:36 AM

Thanks, SulaBug, it was a challenge, whew. Need to iron it again though!