Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 September 2012 Calendar BOM picture's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-september-2012-calendar-bom-pictures-t199244.html)

JeanieG 09-07-2012 10:39 AM

Cajun - that turned out wonderful. I like the different take you took!

SulaBug 09-07-2012 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5497640)
I decided to do a different variation of the leaf block. The pattern came from Quilter's Cache and I really enjoyed making it even though I chose a fabric way to red and had to make another 6-inch block in another fabric for it to look right!

Hope you like it.

Hugs,
Cajun

Hope we like it, that's an "UNDER STATEMENT"!! :D :D Your September Maple Leaf block turned out really nice. I love all of the colors that you made your leaves with. They go together really well. I like the pattern too. Isn't it fun to see what we can find that will fit into our Calendar BOM blocks for 2012? I am so proud of everyone & the blocks you have all been making & sharing with us. Keep up the good work.
:D :D :D :D

bibliostone 09-07-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by stichinluvr (Post 5497125)
I love both your quilts, Bibliostone. Are the June blocks machine embroidery? Love the way you have changed the 2 up a bit. The same, yet different.

Thank you! Yes, both of them contain some machine embroidery. The bride and groom are embroidery on the red & white block. The love birds and the words are embroidery on the other. The birdhouse is applique.

mimiknoxtaylor 09-07-2012 01:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Since I'm doing more than 1 block per month I decided to use the block from Quilters Cache. Had to retake the picture of the one since it didn't show up well on my floor. The colors really are brighter than they came out in the picture. Everyone's blocks are great. Lookin' good y'all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]361057[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 09-07-2012 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 5497941)
Since I'm doing more than 1 block per month I decided to use the block from Quilters Cache. Had to retake the picture of the one since it didn't show up well on my floor. The colors really are brighter than they came out in the picture. Everyone's blocks are great. Lookin' good y'all!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361056[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]361057[/ATTACH]

WOW!!.............Your blocks have all turned out great. Fantastic fabric's & color's, they are going to make wonderful quilts, when the year is over. Will you be making 4 quilts, with all of your blocks? It will be so fun to see how they all turn out. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

mimiknoxtaylor 09-08-2012 02:04 AM

Sulabug, I'm not sure if I'm going to do 4 or 3. I have 3 granddaughters but thought I'd like one too. Bibliostone has inspired me to maybe go ahead and start at least laying them out.

SulaBug 09-08-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 5498939)
Sulabug, I'm not sure if I'm going to do 4 or 3. I have 3 granddaughters but thought I'd like one too. Bibliostone has inspired me to maybe go ahead and start at least laying them out.

Go for it mimi.............I think you deserve one too!! :D I just know that your granddaughter's are going to be thrilled with the ones you are making for them. What a treasure they will have forever. I can wait to see them all put together!!

hobbykat1955 09-08-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished my BOM for Sept...Decided to do one from my PP'ing book

stichinluvr 09-08-2012 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my block done tonight. Have to love Fall!

kensington 09-08-2012 06:39 PM

Good job ladies. I didn't to August... too many points for me. So, I need to get started finding a Star block to do in Yellows and such for the sun... So I can be caught up. I've been playing with my applique stitches on my new machine... Did a cute snowman block, and a Christmas tree... and now half done piecing a Santa... I may have a Christmas sampler when I am done. LOL...