Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/16th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-begins-now-t285033.html)

paintmejudy 01-16-2017 02:31 PM

Ooooo Karen, this is beautiful! Love your florals.

marytoddliz 01-16-2017 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Funny thing is I picked a dark purple for both quilts for the dark color.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565894[/ATTACH]
The Pink is Fuscia and a light pink Picture does not read true The blues are a medium blue and a light blue. I have been looking for a color that will work as a medium but flannel is hard to find right now! I will look on line for something that might work or else you are right Judy might say my dark purple will work ok for medium on both quilts!

Somedays I should just avoid the sewing room!

Mary~

marytoddliz 01-16-2017 02:48 PM

Yeah Judy I am not going to rip them apart, to many things I can use them on as they stand. If the Dark Purple doesn't work for a meduim I will find a new medium for both quilts or just make more using the right fabrics~! I have plenty of all fabrics to start again with the right ones!

Good thing the baby isn't due till late May or Early June!

My mind is thinking up projects I can use the 3 1/2 patches for! :p

AngeliaNR 01-16-2017 03:17 PM

Karen--those fabrics are beautiful!

Just Jan 01-16-2017 04:06 PM

You should be able to find solid soft yellow or green flannel to use for both, or maybe a flannel print with pink and blue in it. If you go to Joann.com they have a cute bunny print on sale for $4.19 yard. You buy it online and pick it up at your local Joanns. Its 40% off on their nursery flannels now. There are other prints too, if you don't like bunnies. I saw ducks, owls, monkeys, and plaids and small polk-a-dots, too. I think that sale ends today so check it out.

Just Jan 01-16-2017 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 7742459)
UGH... ever have one of those days! I just made all my 4 patch blocks, for both quilts.... but didn't pay close attention. I sewed the light and medium colors together! So now what do I do, take them apart and hope I have enough fabric to finish or just buy more fabric! UGH... I am sure there is something I can make with 48 3 1/2 blocks half pinks half blues... Back to the drawing board for me~

You should be able to find solid soft yellow or green flannel to use for both, or maybe a flannel print with pink and blue in it. If you go to Joann.com they have a cute bunny print on sale for $4.19 yard. You buy it online and pick it up at your local Joanns. Its 40% off on their nursery flannels now. There are other prints too, if you don't like bunnies. I saw ducks, owls, monkeys, and plaids and small polk-a-dots, too. I think that sale ends today so check it out.

marytoddliz 01-16-2017 08:15 PM

Thanks Jan, I will check it out! I even have a gift card for Joann's I got for Christmas!

Mary~

marytoddliz 01-16-2017 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so excited! I was able to get the extra fabric I need not only to finish both quilts but to make several more! Thank you Jan, this will look cute as backing for both baby quilts! It was on sale for $2.40 a yard!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565916[/ATTACH]
Mary~

moonrise 01-17-2017 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. :) I don't usually sew on weekends (DH is off on weekends after being on 12-hour shifts all week), so I play "catch up" on Monday evenings and Tuesday mornings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565922[/ATTACH]

Carol in WI 01-17-2017 04:16 AM

Moonrise, I love, love your fabric choices. That is going to be very striking! Now I want to make one like that:).