Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/16th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-begins-now-t285033.html)

ddtrina 02-04-2017 11:35 AM

Judy, sure hope you don't give this up! Someone on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt thread recommended I check out this thread as I'm new to quilting and thought it would be helpful for me in terms of learning more about picking colors for quilts. Even though I didn't sew anything for this, I did follow along with every post. I love the way the quilt turned out and seeing all the different color variations other people are doing. And looking back over your past train mysteries, I think this is the best design yet. :thumbup:

marytoddliz 02-04-2017 12:09 PM

I love it! This is going to be an awesome baby quilt, I am a little behind, but should have time this week to play catch up! And please Judy never quit with the mystery train rides, I have so much fun. You have a very easy style to follow and I understand you steps without any problems.

Thanks Mary~

dotcomdtcm 02-04-2017 01:29 PM

For the 48 medium strips... don't we need double the 2" squares?

Carol in WI 02-04-2017 01:41 PM

Judy, thank you for all the work you put into these mysteries. This is my first time riding the train and I love the results! I certainly hope to do more in the future. Perhaps I will get to work on this tomorrow.

dotcomdtcm 02-04-2017 02:26 PM

Diligently making the second blocks. Can't wait to see it come together!

Just Jan 02-04-2017 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 7756894)
Yup, Chasezzz, another typo. I guess everyone noticed it and figured out I had another boo boo. I think I need to quit doing these mysteries, can't seem to catch my typos.

Judy, I know you have been under the weather and its easy to make mistakes when one is not feeling well. Don't blame yourself. As someone else here said, others caught the mistakes so its no big deal. Just relax and feel better soon.

lawsonmugs 02-04-2017 04:46 PM

Whew I spent the afternoon starting all over. I got the first blocks done and started the second block. I'm just making 2 of the first and 1 of the second like I said for table runner. It's really a pretty pattern. If I finish tomorrow I post a picture.

QuilterMomma 02-04-2017 07:05 PM

Now I am so glad I am making it larger. Love this. Now I need to get busy and get mine done.

LavenderBlue 02-04-2017 07:09 PM

I was thinking we were finished with our light fabric. My light was only 35" wide so all used up. Back to the drawing board.

dd 02-04-2017 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue (Post 7757311)
I was thinking we were finished with our light fabric. My light was only 35" wide so all used up. Back to the drawing board.

Since these blocks are different from the other blocks we made last week, you could use another light that is kind of the same as the light in the 1st blocks. Something that coordinates well. I think it would work. Make sure you show us what you come up with. Can't wait to see everyone's finished blocks/quilts.