Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   16th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Begins Now! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/16th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-begins-now-t285033.html)

AnngelAnne 02-24-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7771460)
Love it Evie. That border is very striking and I love it. Like dd said, that is a lot of little pieces. I set the ufo aside for a couple of days (can see why a ufo) and decided to work on this again. I am out of my dark fabric, thank goodness it is not that old so it is on its way to my house. Found it on sale as well. I laid it all on my wall and it looks something like this. Only one block finished, but the others are ready to assemble the block all little pieces are sewn (except for the rest of the green pieces). When I get done, will be a queen size. Even though I made the mistake of the medium where a dark should have been at the flower part, it looks nice.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568908[/ATTACH]

Love both of them, loving this pattern more and more as I see it come together!! Great job!!

frustratedquilter40 02-24-2017 12:36 PM

Evie that turned out amazing I just love it it!!! Need to get a move on ir on mine. Also I am going to make another one a fellow quilter put out a call for 60 X 60 quilts and I think I love this pattern so much not to make another. Thank you again Judy!!

kathryn7887 02-24-2017 04:34 PM

I have fixed the boo boo

1 Attachment(s)
hoping so get it all together this weekend if I have a day off. But we have snow and I'm considered essential so I may have to come in if short staffed.

kathryn7887 02-24-2017 04:36 PM

this was my really first train. I have been in the club car for a couple.
thank you Judy for all the questions answered. lol
Kat

Evie 02-24-2017 11:22 PM

Thanks all. Guess I'll leave the outer border on. :)

QMomma (#610) and Kathryn (#613) love your blocks. They're going to be beautiful quilts!

paintmejudy 02-25-2017 07:30 AM

Everyone is making such beautiful quilts, and I thank you all for your compliments on this little mystery. I too am planning on making another, and might bump it up to 4" finished blocks, instead of 3".

Evie glad you will leave the border on, it is striking. If I still had mine here, I would add to it!

QuilterMomma another beautiful quilt. This is sooooo nice and will be fabulous in a large size - the pattern will zip across the bed.

Kathryn a mystery is fun, isn't it? Hope you join us for the next one.

QuilterMomma 02-25-2017 03:01 PM

Beautiful Kathryn. Love your softer medium.

I changed mine. Sorry, the red corners were bothering me so much. The red was my medium, but I think it overtook the quilt to much and the green was getting lost on the setting blocks. I changed it to the background and like it much more. I will post a photo after I finish. I think it made a big difference, the center flower block floats and gives it better drama and the red is softer that way. I think if I had used the softer blue/gray as the medium, would have made it work, such as Kathryn's soft green.

paintmejudy 02-25-2017 06:41 PM

QMomma it will be great, no matter what you do, and can't wait to see it.

retiredteacher09 02-26-2017 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The top is finished and ready to be donated. It is 40.5" by 50". I love this pattern even though I had trouble with some of the HST's and I like small pieces! Lol!

Thanks Judy for hosting another great ride! I love seeing everyone's finished tops!

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569027[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 02-26-2017 04:51 PM

Very pretty Connie