Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   18th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/18th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t294354.html)

paintmejudy 02-24-2018 05:55 AM

I absolutely love quilts with black and brights, but until my dog passes away, he is 11 and healthy as a horse and loves to sleep on my bed, has his own quilt on my late DH's side, I will not put a black quilt on my bed! He is blond and hairy, a large mutt, so ... no black for me in the future. LOL

SusieQOH 02-24-2018 06:03 AM

I'd take the dog over a quilt any old day!!!!!!!!!! :)

Siodach 02-24-2018 06:07 AM

Judy, I'm loving the stars, thank you for choosing this for a mystery :) .

Just loving all the finishes - gorgeous, especially the black ones.

My effort is still in the 'little piles' state, but I have at least been able to sort out which colour goes in which block. Just need to find time to join them together lol. Heading off for a week away on Tuesday, so might be a while yet unfortunately.

Cheers, K

sunrise450 02-24-2018 07:21 AM

Watson and Macy, your quilts are fantastic! Love the black but have never tried it, have two Boston Terriers also and they sleep with us. Yes they shed.
Doing the QSTs today. Wish me luck!

whitepine 02-24-2018 11:40 AM

Yep, love those blacks too. They really set off the scrappy. And Macybaby, your border is perfect for this quilt. Expect to see some copycats.:o

Judy, I've heard of a lot of people selecting their carpet to match their pet's hair, so there's your answer for a bed quilt.

I always thought this way of picking out a carpet was ingenious until I read about someone who selected their carpet to match pet stains. LOL. My kind of carpet.

busy fingers 02-24-2018 12:35 PM

Some amazing finishes.

I am still plodding along and will make it my goal to have it all together by the end of March. I love what I have so far.

dotcomdtcm 02-24-2018 02:14 PM

Wow, wow, and wow. You are all so creative. The choices you make are fun to watch. Judy is very generous to do this with us. Don't forget a thank you. Dotty

WMUTeach 02-24-2018 05:00 PM

No progress on the quilt this week. But I was quilting. Quilted and just about to put on binding on a baby quilt and almost finished with a top for my daughter's friend. Quilt #2 had no pattern only a picture but I figured it out with much polishing of my math calculation skills. I hope to return to our train before the next one leaves the station! I am enjoying all of the beauties posted so far!

Teen 02-24-2018 05:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
All done....went with simple borders so I could use up more of the gold polka dot scraps and added a splash of color flower cornerstones w/black & white contrast. I will bind it with multi-colors. I'm going with minkie backing....Loved this quilt mystery....Thank you Judy!

jmoore 02-24-2018 06:05 PM

Teen, loving your quilt top with gold inner border and black outer border. Have you decided how you will quilt it yet?