Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

meanmom 01-15-2012 12:41 PM

GRRRRR! My Dear Jane Cd finally arrived yesterday. I went to install it and found out it doesn't work on a MAC computer. My Old ancient computer is a PC. Not sure if I should install it on there or sell the CD. If I put it on the old PC I will have to print everything out or keep running up and down the stairs. I don't know why so many programs don't come with a MAC version when Macs are so popular. I am off tomorrow and was going to sew on this all day. I want to go queen sized and don't know how much to enlarge.

katybob 01-15-2012 12:43 PM

Fromz, I still can't get over your embroidered blocks -- they're really amazing! I'm guessing you can't quilt them with batting and backing, so what's your plan?

mhunt1717 01-15-2012 01:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are my first efforts!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]303439[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303438[/ATTACH]

mim 01-15-2012 01:44 PM

Isn't there a program that will allow you to partition and run windows as a guest??

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 4877329)
GRRRRR! My Dear Jane Cd finally arrived yesterday. I went to install it and found out it doesn't work on a MAC computer. My Old ancient computer is a PC. Not sure if I should install it on there or sell the CD. If I put it on the old PC I will have to print everything out or keep running up and down the stairs. I don't know why so many programs don't come with a MAC version when Macs are so popular. I am off tomorrow and was going to sew on this all day. I want to go queen sized and don't know how much to enlarge.

fromzstore 01-15-2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 4877336)
Fromz, I still can't get over your embroidered blocks -- they're really amazing! I'm guessing you can't quilt them with batting and backing, so what's your plan?

there is still alot of free space in most blocks i will also quilt the sashing

mim 01-15-2012 04:24 PM

I have been working ahead, too. Because I am using a variety of blues, I am doing some middle and end blocks so it won't be obvious that the early blocks have one sort of blues and the later blocks different ones.

I like the 5.5" blocks I decided on -- I had done some 4.5" ones and wasn't all that happy. I'll post pix next week.
Mim

Feathers-N-Fur 01-15-2012 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first 3. I actually have 19 done now. These are addictive.

dakotamaid 01-15-2012 07:56 PM

It is with much regret that I'm pulling out of this group. Due to some unforeseen circumstances my DJ will have to wait for awhile. I will visit this thread often and follow along on your journey. Happy sewing.

PS: When the time comes I at least have all my stuff!

MamaHen 01-16-2012 05:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my DJ blocks so far!

dungeonquilter 01-16-2012 06:32 AM

The link for Sharon Mastbrook doesn't seem to be working. I am waiting for my rulers to arrive. Also have to finish up a few projects for our upcoming quilt show, so will probably be a bit late starting.