Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

GV09 04-07-2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ann clare (Post 5113581)
Posting my blocks for this week. I check in every day even if i do not post. Love reading all the posts.

Ann Clare ... I love your blocks! Are so great!
A hug!

GV09 04-07-2012 01:59 PM

hex nut
... those are realy awesome!
I'd love to do a Mini DJ... in some future! Hahaha!
Its blocks and you inspire me! You should learn this technique!
A big hug!

GV09 04-07-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 5119211)
I did A12 a little different: I started by making a set of 4 flying geese blocks using the 'no waste method' and added one to the center block and attached. next, I cut four triangles that I attached to a flying geese and then added to the center unit in log cabin fashion, ending by adding a triangle to either side of the final flying goose unit and finishing off the center square. After trimming the square, I added background sashing around and the final sets of print triangles followed by background triangles. I had to trim down the background sashing so that the points would all come out right. I'm not including the measurements [again - because all the typing disappeared last time] But I will attempt to include the pictures...

Gus... I love those photos!
Your ideas come me very well when it comes to that block! Thanks a lot!
They are really a great group!
A hug!

GV09 04-07-2012 02:22 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Hi, girls!
I hope that all are very good!
You know that I am very delayed.... but they are not going to rid of me so easily! Hahaha!
So today I bring... the week 5!
With A-3 I did my first reverse appliqué! He had never done and was a very interesting to block!
B-12 is normal appliqué. Not perfect... but good for me!
And with BR-1 I did my first triangle! It was fun to do!
Here is some pictures and hope that they will be to your liking!
I wish all tomorrow to spend a beautiful Easter with your families!
A very strong hug to all!

Anael 04-07-2012 02:49 PM

Your blocks are great Gladys! All your firsts look as if you're a pro :D

Happy Easter to you too!

GV09 04-07-2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5124250)
Your blocks are great Gladys! All your firsts look as if you're a pro :D

Happy Easter to you too!

Thank you, Anael!
Hahaha! No! .... I I'm not! :(
But I do my best attempt! :thumbup:
A big hug to tí!

Cre8tvlwyr 04-07-2012 05:31 PM

Yes Gladys!!! your blocks are wonderful!
Gus

Happy Easter to you and your family as well :)

jazs2 04-07-2012 09:39 PM

I just finally started my "Dear Jane Blocks" I started with I1, I have 3 completed so far. It is going to be a long time to complete them. But I'm going to stick with it. Happy sewing everyone.
jazs2

Fraew 04-07-2012 10:09 PM

Playing Catch Up - A10, C12, B9

3 Attachment(s)
A10 - English paper pieced, appliqued melon.

C12 - Strip pieced

B9 - English paper pieced, machine sewn corners

@jazs2: Yippee! Welcome aboard. Stick with it and share your pics when you can. :)

thecattlady 04-08-2012 05:00 AM

I haven't posted in a while. Still look at all the beautiful blocks that are being posted, almost every day. I am very behind, but haven't given up. I do not know how to post pictures, maybe I will eventually learn how. I enjoy seeing every ones blocks. They are all beautiful.