Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/20th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t299556.html)

dd 10-03-2018 01:34 PM

Dot - I have done it before but not for a long time. I tried to dye an all blue sunfaded quilt in my new, smarter than I am, washing machine and that didn't turn out well. It was purchased quilt. My grands baby sitter does it with the kids all the time. Maybe they could do it for me! LOL

love to sew 10-03-2018 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 8136981)
Thanks for that clue Conchalea. I tried it but still dont know. Because the leaf fabric is dark and light, i reckon I'll just call it my Medium. Do we still need to have a neutral?

I think your greens are beautiful. The leaf print does go dark and light and because it is such a big print, IMHO when you cut it up, some will be light and some will be dark so I don't think it will work. Judy may have another opinion.

craftyjulz 10-03-2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 8136348)
I thought about doing the red, white and black but then Judy said you needed 2 colors plus the white and dark. I can't tell you how many quilts I have ever made but this one is really bugging me. Maybe it's because of who it's for. I guess I will do white, red scraps and black. I have a piece of tie dye with all the colors in that I can use for the back but I'm not sure it's big enough. I may have to add something to it. Now that I have written this, I must stick to this and just reduce the stress factor, right? Yes, Right! Thanks craftyjulz and everyone else for your help. I'm still finishing #19 mystery quilt. lol

I totally get what you mean dd, about just sticking to it & letting it go to reduce the stress. It’s that 4th fabric that keeps creeping up in my mind I making me anxious that I could’ve chosen better if I only could know... but this is supposed to be the fun of a train or mystery quilt. I do wish that there was already some clue as to how that fourth color needs to come in, but we need to trust Judy. This is a hard exercise for someone like me. It’s a growing experience.
Hope your trip is going well Judy. Can hardly wait until the next clue.

SusieQOH 10-03-2018 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got started. I'm over half-way done with these.[ATTACH=CONFIG]602019[/ATTACH]

audsgirl 10-03-2018 05:00 PM

Looking good, SusieQOH!

Leslie

SusieQOH 10-03-2018 05:14 PM

Thanks, Leslie! I decided to go scrappy :)

sewNso 10-03-2018 05:56 PM

looks like i have missed out on lots of fun mystery quilts the last couple years. two knee replacements, and DJ's , etc. I got lost about 8 or 9, i think. might have to catch up on a couple.

dd 10-04-2018 04:18 AM

craftyjulz - she said we don't need the dark yet, right? Figure I have time to look for a red and black that is darker to use for the dark color. My HST are finished and waiting for the next clue. Can't wait. Have grands this weekend so won't get anything done this weekend.

lawsonmugs 10-04-2018 07:51 AM

dd please post a picture. We all love seeing everybody's work. SusieQ very pretty fabrics.

Carol in WI 10-04-2018 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Train Ride #19....After seeing photo's that some of you did on the last train ride, I decided to ride that train while waiting for the next clue on Saturday. I choose yardage to do mine; I have all the units done and just have to sew them together. Here is the first one completed.