Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/20th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t299556.html)

Carol in WI 10-09-2018 07:48 AM

I like the green best too. It will be very striking.

I've cut strips for my 4 patches but keep finding more scraps to incorporate into it; I haven't started to sew them yet as I've just finished making more blocks for 19th mystery and am anxious to put that one together.

lawsonmugs 10-09-2018 07:53 AM

Hi Judy, how's the trip going? Hope your relaxing some and having a good time.

NZquilter 10-09-2018 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 8140561)
RJ and JanieW all your blocks are great, love the colors you both have chosen.

Janie, don't sweat the next fabric, when you see how the blocks go together, you will know immediately, and it may even be a different fabric!

I have a feeling the next clue is going to be a wowza moment!

bjsmith57 10-09-2018 09:08 AM

Can the 4-patches be all scrappy (no solid light fabric) ? Thank you.

Watson 10-09-2018 09:23 AM

What method does everyone use for the quickest four patches?
I found one I hadn't seen before where you cut the fabric 1" bigger square than you need the finished four patch. Put the fabrics together and sew down opposite sides, then cut up the middle and iron open, put back together good side to good side so they are opposite colours and sew opposite sides and cut up the middle and you end up with 4 four patches. Trim to size. Seems pretty quick once you get going.
What's your quick way to do them?

Watson

RJ 10-09-2018 10:05 AM

Very bright and cheery JanieW

lawsonmugs 10-09-2018 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just cut out long neutral strips and sew colored strips on top of it rst. since the colors are from scraps they aren't very long and so I just chain stitch them on top of the neutral . Then sub cut them into the size I need. I make mind a touch bigger so I have wiggle room when I cut them into a square. This is a picture of some of my 4 patches with some of my hst's. I probably have at least 2/3's done. so another day and I should be done. :thumbup:

paintmejudy 10-09-2018 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 8140573)
Hi Judy, how's the trip going? Hope your relaxing some and having a good time.

Hi, Mary. Not gone yet, leaving Thursday for the second little trip. Not a fun trip, this one upcoming and the last one, :( unpleasant family stuff to deal with. But should all be settled soon. Then I really need to do something fun just for me after this mystery is finished!

Love your blocks, so cheery.

paintmejudy 10-09-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by bjsmith57 (Post 8140627)
Can the 4-patches be all scrappy (no solid light fabric) ? Thank you.

Yes, but make sure there are 2 lights and 2 darker in each 4-patch, and there needs to be contrast between the fabrics. Or it will all meld together and you will totaly lose the pattern of the quilt.

paintmejudy 10-09-2018 01:15 PM

NZ I always hope for that wower moment, and hope this one will at least be close. Just hope I don't get thumbs down or grimaces! :o