Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/20th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t299556.html)

SusieQOH 11-06-2018 08:10 AM

I'm loving what I'm seeing!
Julz
- hope you feel better soon.

Belfrybat 11-06-2018 08:10 AM

Carol and Toverly -- fantastic finishes. Some people seem to have an innate sense of colour, even on scrappies. Both of you are in that category.

JanieW 11-06-2018 06:42 PM

Angelia, Carol, Macybaby, and Toverly and Belfry,

your quilts are gorgeous ! I love how bright and cheery they all are. Great fabric choices.

I’m still on the fence for my sashing. I’m not in love with either of my choices. I’m suffering from analysis paralysis.

Judy, my husband suggested navy as the background in the floral is navy. The problem is I don’t have navy and I’m on a self imposed moratorium! My enabler husband is trying to get me to fall off the wagon. I tried the tone on tone white after seeing Toverly’s but it didn’t look as good as hers. Something will strike me, I’m sure.

Carol in WI 11-06-2018 07:06 PM

Janie, your quilt is beautiful and I have to say that I vote with your husband - navy would look great. Count it as an early Christmas present to yourself:).

SusieQOH 11-07-2018 05:52 AM

Janie, if your husband says you need to buy more fabric I say you should "obey" him! :D

JanieW 11-07-2018 06:59 AM

Ha ha, Susie. I haven’t obeyed him in 46 years so I’m not going to start now! However I need to go out to get some milk so I may have to stop at the fabric store which is nearby the grocery store. ��

SusieQOH 11-07-2018 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 8157257)
Ha ha, Susie. I haven’t obeyed him in 46 years so I’m not going to start now! However I need to go out to get some milk so I may have to stop at the fabric store which is nearby the grocery store. ��

That makes 2 of us! :D

mjkgquilt 11-07-2018 07:13 AM

JanieW, I like a previous suggestion to quilt in the "white square" and I also like your husband's suggestion of navy shashing. Take some of the blocks to your LQS and lay them on navy fabric. Not sure what I would do if it were my quilt. Whatever your decision it will be beautiful. Hope you post a photo of your completed quilt.

paintmejudy 11-07-2018 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 8157257)

My quilt shop has a small shelf of candy so we have "groceries" when we come home.

lawsonmugs 11-07-2018 06:07 PM

Good one Judy. The thing is to let them think they are boss,not let them be boss. After 42 years I learned a few things to. I did get 5 blocks done today and had to make more 4 patches as I decided to make it bigger than a baby size. I really like this pattern.