Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

sue z q 05-15-2012 05:26 AM

Love that scrappy Louisana, nickylsf.

Mona Lisa 2011 05-15-2012 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5216176)
Here is my scrappy Louisiana! I only have a few more to catch up.

Fantastic use of color!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lynnejean 05-16-2012 08:44 AM

Well, I just found this thread and have spent WAY to much time looking at all the WONDERFUL stars. Everyone is doing a awesome job. I am thinking about diving in and starting late and just starting with this weeks star and going from there but I'm not sure I have the time. Can you tell me on average how long it takes you to do each block? 3 hrs plus I thinking but I haven't done much PPings.

PokerDiva 05-16-2012 08:52 AM

Jeanne, please join us. Your guess as to time is pretty close. It all depends on the person but if you cut your fabric and get your papers ready one day and sew the next it seems to me to go faster. We have had people join all along the way. There are no rules here. Start where we are and catch up when you can and please post your stars as we all love to see them.

Patricia Faye 05-16-2012 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5216176)
Here is my scrappy Louisiana! I only have a few more to catch up.

WOW Nicky. Your Louisiana is beautiful. I love the flowers and the yellow makes it really pop. WTG!

Mona Lisa 2011 05-17-2012 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnejean (Post 5220999)
Well, I just found this thread and have spent WAY to much time looking at all the WONDERFUL stars. Everyone is doing a awesome job. I am thinking about diving in and starting late and just starting with this weeks star and going from there but I'm not sure I have the time. Can you tell me on average how long it takes you to do each block? 3 hrs plus I thinking but I haven't done much PPings.

The more you do the faster it goes...........

wvhill22 05-17-2012 03:49 AM

Yes please join. I think what takes me the longest is picking out the fabric. Im doing a scrappy. It can take me just an hour alone for picking out the fabric..It's the only part I hate. Im not always good at it.

tomilu 05-17-2012 04:33 AM

Well, I just found this thread and have spent WAY to much time looking at all the WONDERFUL stars. Can you tell me on average how long it takes you to do each block? 3 hrs plus I thinking but I haven't done much PPings.

You will find they go faster the more you do. Picking out fabrics takes me longer than doing the block, lol. Please join us and start wherever you wish.

nickylsf 05-17-2012 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am still a few weeks behind, but since I took the Houses quilt blocks down from the design wall (ready to put Houses together!!) I now have room to show all my stars together, through Louisiana.

PokerDiva 05-17-2012 12:34 PM

Nicky, those are wonderful. Good job. Going to be another beautiful quilt.