Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

whitepine 09-09-2012 03:39 PM

CK...OK that makes more sense. :):) But, I do ditto PokerDiva.

Mona Lisa 2011 09-10-2012 05:35 AM

I think you feel that way is because all the colors are cool and no warm colors. It is nice and you did a good job...........

paintmejudy 09-10-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5502527)

Nicky & Judy, really nice OBWs. It's amazing how those turn out but I'm not ready to start one yet. Don't they waste a lot of fabric?

Judy, Your stars look fantastic. I'm kind of envious that you're done. :)

No, it really doesn't. You will need 6 repeats of the pattern, but when you stack those repeats and cut strips, you will then cut your triangles. There is no waste. My quilt used up all my fabric. The little piece on the back was all I had
leftover.

whitepine 09-10-2012 06:46 AM

Thanks, Judy. Nice to know because those OBWs come out so amazing.

nickylsf 09-10-2012 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5503934)
No, it really doesn't. You will need 6 repeats of the pattern, but when you stack those repeats and cut strips, you will then cut your triangles. There is no waste. My quilt used up all my fabric. The little piece on the back was all I had
leftover.

I did not notice any waste either. I cut these triangles out over year ago, but I have about a yard and 1/2 of extra fabric, and some 3" wide strips that will be great for sashing or binding. I have triangles for 90 hexagons, and have to figure out if that will be enough for my quilt. In any event I have lots of fabric left over for now.

It's going really fast too. I worked on it yesterday afternoon and evening, and quit when I had 45 hexagons done (90 half hexagons that is).

nickylsf 09-10-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5502530)
Oregon. I thought I was getting better at selecting colors, but the wrong one stands out. [ATTACH=CONFIG]361520[/ATTACH]

WhitePine, your Oregon block is great. I don't see a wrong color standing out. :)

whitepine 09-11-2012 06:55 AM

Thanks Nicky. I guess instead of "wrong" color, I should have said, "not planned.":) I wanted the green center to show up more but with the turquoise popping out it looks like a whole different star. These stars are always a surprise when they are finished. That's part of the fun, for sure.

meanmom 09-11-2012 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't have the Oregon block for this week finished but here is the first quilt I ever made. 64 Oregon blocks. I must have been insane!
Pat

nickylsf 09-11-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5507228)
I don't have the Oregon block for this week finished but here is the first quilt I ever made. 64 Oregon blocks. I must have been insane!
Pat

Very pretty! It's cool that the corners make those little sub stars. I had not thought of that. What patience you have to make so many of the same one!

nickylsf 09-11-2012 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5506445)
Thanks Nicky. I guess instead of "wrong" color, I should have said, "not planned.":) I wanted the green center to show up more but with the turquoise popping out it looks like a whole different star. These stars are always a surprise when they are finished. That's part of the fun, for sure.

White Pine, (may I ask your name, after all this time??), I know what you meant. It is still a beautiful star, as are all of yours!