Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 12-04-2012 03:35 PM

Pat, I hope you feel better soon. This is not the best time of year to be sick but I know those little devils will give it to you every time.

klgreene 12-05-2012 11:12 AM

My three lap quilts

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I didn't finish all 50 blocks but I did 37. 36 for these three lap tops, and I did Ohio as one of my very first paper pieced blocks, I haven't gotten these quilted yet, just added to the "to be quilted" pile. But here here we go...I made the beige sashing one for myself, the green for my DDIL and the blue denim for my DD. I didn't have any ideas when I stared what I was going to do with these, so they are totally scrappy. And I love how they turned out. Now it will soon be time to clear off my table accept for the sewing machine, and just keep on quilting, and quilting and quilting. Enjoy

nygal 12-05-2012 11:26 AM

klgreene, your quilts are beautiful!!

My book came in today's mail so I am glad to finally have it. I want to have it spiral bound next.

PokerDiva 12-05-2012 12:51 PM

Katie your quilts are beautiful and what a good way to do it. Thank you for showing us.

meanmom 12-05-2012 04:30 PM

Katie, love your quilts. I finally broke down and went to the doctor today since my vague symptoms finally turned in to something. I have a sinus infection. I get them several times a year. This one started different than usual. A day or so on antibiotics and I should be fine.

carriem 12-05-2012 08:18 PM

klgreene--very pretty quilts. I like how each is different.

wvhill22 12-06-2012 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 5700288)
Hi everyone, I didn't finish all 50 blocks but I did 37. 36 for these three lap tops, and I did Ohio as one of my very first paper pieced blocks, I haven't gotten these quilted yet, just added to the "to be quilted" pile. But here here we go...I made the beige sashing one for myself, the green for my DDIL and the blue denim for my DD. I didn't have any ideas when I stared what I was going to do with these, so they are totally scrappy. And I love how they turned out. Now it will soon be time to clear off my table accept for the sewing machine, and just keep on quilting, and quilting and quilting. Enjoy

Oh my goodness they are beautiful. I don't know when I will get mine put together. Am trying to finish up other ones. I like the way someone had quilted each one and then put them together. I am leaning toward doing that

whitepine 12-06-2012 08:32 AM

Katie, Your lap quilts turned out great.

meanmom 12-07-2012 05:48 AM

Nygal I have seen your blocks over on the NY beauty group. They are awesome. I am sure your stars will be beautiful. I am planning on doing that one next but it will probably be after Christmas. I am still making Christmas gifts. I have been lurking there since it started. Can't wait to start. I finally finished my back. I thought I had it finished but apparently I messed up the math. WHen I measured my back it was too small by a couple of inces. I had to trim my outer border and add another one. I will post a picture later. I am taking my quilt to the longarmer today. I hope she isn't too backed up since I am dying to see it finished and on my bed. I look forward to seeing everyones work.

rwquilts 12-07-2012 06:09 AM

Klgreene, your quilt tops are gorgeous! I love them all! :)