Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

ckcowl 01-22-2012 09:31 AM

arkansas finished

1 Attachment(s)
wow! again-this week- everyone's blocks are so different and so wonderful!
here's mine-
i was feeling a bit (overwhelmed) yesturday thinking about this one- with 104 pieces- but today when i sat down to work on it i found it wasn't near as bad as i had thought it would be- in fact it went together much easier than last weeks 72 piece one---for me anyway-
i'm very happy with this one--
and my hubby- he's so funny- when i finish each one he takes it and inspects it (close up and personal) in fact this week i asked him..."do you want a magnifier with that?"
after a close inspection and pointing out a couple points just a hair off- he gave it his 'seal of approval' and told me- "good job!"
Whew !

anyway- and so begins another week

PokerDiva 01-22-2012 09:35 AM

Whitepine, if you are relying on me to keep you from getting confused you are in trouble. I am in a constant state of confusion.

Everyone's blocks are gorgeous again this week. Love them all. I am so glad I decided to do this. Much more fun than doing it by myself.

PokerDiva 01-22-2012 09:37 AM

Deb, your bright colored flowers against that blue are just stunning.

nickylsf 01-22-2012 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Arkansas Block. Like others, I was debating making all black backgrounds or mixing it up. I have seen photos of both approaches and they all work. I finally decided to mix it up, and really enjoy going through my stash each week to plan the block!

wvhill22 01-22-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4899085)
Whitepine, if you are relying on me to keep you from getting confused you are in trouble. I am in a constant state of confusion.

Everyone's blocks are gorgeous again this week. Love them all. I am so glad I decided to do this. Much more fun than doing it by myself.

I can't thank you enough poker..I have had some of these blocks sitting around for years. So happy I found this. You have got me motivated and now I have other people to share this quilt with..This year it is all about finishing..thanks again. :)

paintmejudy 01-22-2012 10:56 AM

Yes yes yes! So true. I probably wouldn't be doing one a week if it weren't for this thread. I agree with others that I am ahead of the game a bit, I have the next 4 block cut and ready to sew. But I am waiting to do them one at a time. I am trying to learn patience and restraint. Hee hee

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4899085)

tomilu 01-22-2012 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine. Have pieces ready for California. I am going to be happy to get to Colorado. Everyone's blocks are soooo pretty!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]305209[/ATTACH]

Vanogay 01-22-2012 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As I read through this thread each time, I am in awe of some of the work you ladies (we ladies) have put into this project. I always try to remember everyone's name so when I post, I can say good work Whitepine or Mssimmons, but by the time I get here, I can't remember my own name, much less yours. Ladies everyone's work is great - and yes, they all look professional - even those of you who profess to be beginners. I have taken a 2012 calendar and every Sunday is marked with the name of the star that is due - that was the only way I could keep straight. I'm sorry Poker Diva, but I really didn't expect you to keep me straight - others have tried and failed!! I am making as many as I can with the same background just because I had alot of it in my stash. When that's gone, I'll find another larger piece for backgrounds. I'm planning some lap quilts out of some of these and with a nice sashing, hopefully they'll look good. Here's my Arkansas --

newbee3 01-22-2012 12:11 PM

my Arizonia

1 Attachment(s)
Okay here is my third block and I am also using the same for background until I run out and then will find something else.

goldendog55 01-22-2012 12:18 PM

Arkansas block

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Arkansas star: