Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

Honchey 01-12-2015 04:48 PM

What I was thinking of was to sew together 9 stamps of the same color but different patterns to get the texture & color that I would need for the 4 patch...I have a problem with uncontrolled scrappy.....:D

lawsonmugs 01-12-2015 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine. The fabric is darker than the picture shows. Most of the greens are a forest green.The red one (second from the right top ) is really a burgundy not bright red. :confused:

lynnie 01-12-2015 05:12 PM

Honchey, you could do a 9 patch or evn make it look like a 4 patch depending on how you line up the colors.
I personally think it's nuts, so much work, but I think it's really cool idea, you could play with the sqs to look like stars. o.k. calm down now!!
MARY, mine kinda look like yours, but darker reds. and brown and greens. I don't think any of mine have white in them. I did 2 sets also. will prob give one to redgarnet for the diabetes auction for kids. pray it comes out good.

moonrise 01-12-2015 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a bunch of blue and green scraps from a scrap swap here awhile back, and had some brown and green Moda "Crossroads" scraps left from a quilt, so I combined them, and came up with this. Some of the blocks are made with crumbs, so hopefully they'll be okay. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505856[/ATTACH]

I don't have much left in the way of light-colored scraps at the moment, other than crumbs, so it looks like I'll be doing some crumb-piecing on those, as well. All of my light scraps went towards a Christmas quilt that I have yet to finish. :p

reeskylr 01-12-2015 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, got mine done! I saw fabric I forgot about in all that pile. lol, I do like my flowers though :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505859[/ATTACH]

Honchey 01-12-2015 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sewed a couple of the stamp patches ..I like the variegated ones best..... they need to be trimmed.

Gayle's Quilts 01-13-2015 05:09 AM

Honchey, I do like them. you could do up both way's and mix them around, I think the make a neat quilt.

paintmejudy 01-13-2015 07:10 AM

Honchy and moonrise - no Quilt Police here, so you can do WHATEVER you want!

SheriR 01-13-2015 07:28 AM

I'm running!!!! Will try to catch up! Two years ago I did the scrappy mystery and ended up making 23 for all the grandkids in my husband's family. (Yes, still quilting/binding those.....) I keep getting side tracked.... Cough...cough...mystery8.... I have ALOT of 1.5" and 2.5" charms. No 3.5"..... But bins and bins of scraps. We just moved, hubby thankfully hired movers, and when they asked where my buns went I straight faced told them, "Ten bins in each room so nobody knows how many I have." :D

Siodach 01-13-2015 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 7045046)

Siodach, cannot wait to see your 4-patch string blocks!

Hi there
So this morning I've 'made' 4 large string blocks, and put together one 4-patch to test out the idea. Seems to work :thumbup:

This is the first time I've actually made string blocks, and I found it surprisingly satisfying making something from nothing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505919[/ATTACH]