Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

dotcomdtcm 02-02-2015 02:58 PM

Forgive me, but let's let Judy do what Judy does so well. You can follow along for a few weeks and see if you are interested. Let's not impose measurements or requirements of any kind. Judy does not have quilt police.

Here is my 3rd, a departure inspired by all those scraps I've had sitting around.

dotcomdtcm 02-02-2015 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
640 x 480 pixels, ok!

moonrise 02-02-2015 04:18 PM

Looking forward to starting the last step in just a couple of hours. :) Everyone's is great! I really like the extra borders that finish out the stars. I'll probably go that route as well. :thumbup:

Honchey 02-02-2015 04:44 PM

square the block from step 3 leaving a 1/4" seam allowance from the points then find the center of the long side of the large triangle and pin the center to the center of the side you'll be sewing it to.. trim the finished block leaving a generous 1/4" seam allowance after you sew all four sides and you'll have perfect points. I hope I explained it correctly..
Larger triangle is easier to work with than having a triangle too small.

lynnie 02-02-2015 05:09 PM

I agree with Dotty, Judy has a lot on her shoulders nd she does this all for us for free. if this was a class i'd hate to see the fee. Thank you again Judy for being so generous with your time for us.

Dotty, love the quilt, the maroon/purple brings it all together. love the 'made fabric'. great quilt.

lawsonmugs 02-02-2015 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I worked on mine today. I got it all pieced. Now I need to sew the rows together. I would have kept sewing but Hubby wanted his stupid supper! Some people don't have their priorities in order.I took a picture so I would know the order to sew the rows in. I wanted to show ya all. I'm so thrilled with this quilt Judy.( my first scrappy) thanks for another wonderful fun ride. I wanted to have finished stars in the edge. But I ran out of the dark blue and only have 3 - 2 1/2" squares left. Whew at least I had enough to get this far. I have loved the look of all the quilts posted.

MamaHen 02-02-2015 05:32 PM

They all look so wonderful, seems like the hurrier (sp) I go , the further behind I get!!! Had to finish a quilt for my husband so he can show it off tomorrow. My Scrappy....I'll get there, sooner or later.

sdeaaz 02-02-2015 06:08 PM

wasn't trying to cause any trouble.... I agree.... if it is too big for me.... I will just pass on that one... no big deal... sorry to cause a riff...

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 7074517)
Forgive me, but let's let Judy do what Judy does so well. You can follow along for a few weeks and see if you are interested. Let's not impose measurements or requirements of any kind. Judy does not have quilt police.

Here is my 3rd, a departure inspired by all those scraps I've had sitting around.

lynnie 02-02-2015 06:39 PM

wow, Mary, love it with the blue stars. great quilt. i'm still working on the triangles. I got behind being sick with the flu for over a week. Note to self: don't get sick when the train pulls into the station. I will be done by the time the next train pulls into the station. I just noticed, I used a lot of ugly fabrics. still have a lot left too.

JuneBillie 02-02-2015 07:33 PM

All of the quilts are very pretty. I am still working on mine. Will post some pics soon of my beginnings etc. I love this quilt we have been working on. It has all been fun for me. Thank you Judy. :)