Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

lynnie 02-04-2015 05:14 PM

I see what you had to unsew. so sorry about that. but it came out beautiful. love
how the green star forms a second design. very pretty.

JuneBillie 02-04-2015 05:35 PM

Mary your quilt is very pretty. I like your border.
Lynnie I'm I am sure yours will be amazing.

Those green stars do pop out on their own, creating a pretty effect.

coopah 02-04-2015 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7076618)
He gets extra special spoiling b/c we know he won't be w/ us long. He has feline leukemia.

Oh, I cannot tell you how sad that makes me for you. Spoil away and enjoy every day.

Barbie 02-04-2015 06:56 PM

Bluebonnets, love, love your pieced border. It adds so much. Great quilt.

lynnie 02-04-2015 07:03 PM

Kassaundra, spoil that baby and get some pictures while you can.

Kassaundra 02-04-2015 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7077667)
Kassaundra, spoil that baby and get some pictures while you can.

He (Pebbles) was helping me take pics of some quilt blocks just yesterday

Sorry it won't post the pic

mom-6 02-04-2015 08:27 PM

Got 9 of my blocks QAYG (in the ditch) so far. Needle came unthreaded so I decided it was time to quit and go to bed! Only have sashing added to the bottom of one square so far.
But it's coming along much faster than I expected. Now if I can just get some more sewing time - not very easy to come by with a show starting Saturday.

Siodach 02-05-2015 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz (Post 7077545)
needed a little break from sewing.... when I came back I was in a hurry..... oops... God has a way of humbling me.... had to unsew.... but then waa laa...... May add another border thinking scrappy... would that look ok?

Sdeaaz this one is gorgeous! I had to look twice to see it wasn't on point :D

Love the sparkly sashing too....

Bluebonnets 02-05-2015 03:55 AM

Lawsonmugs I love your sparkly quilt.

sdeaaz I really like your floating green stars. So pretty.

Last night, I showed my quilter friend who is in bad health and no longer feels up to quilting, this thread. I told her all about what's going on and showed her all of the different quilts being made and she got so excited and just loved all of the quilts. She loved trying to find the blocks in some of the quilt tops. It was neat seeing her get excited about quilting again.

Siodach 02-05-2015 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got a photo taken!

I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

I did take one liberty with the pattern - a couple of folk on here said my blocks 'moved' so I decided to make them 'move' a bit more! lol. I was so pleased that the star sashing Judy designed would adapt to allow me to incorporate my other idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508871[/ATTACH]

So, I've got plenty black areas to practice feathers on, but I may have to give this to someone with no pets - cos the black seems to be a magnet for every cat-hair in the vicinity lol.

Thanks once again to Judy for the hard work she puts in to these train-rides - I've had a blast!!!!! :thumbup: :D