Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

paintmejudy 02-05-2015 08:31 AM

Absolutely love the take on this quilt that some of you have done, haing the centers light and super dark large triangles, making it look like it is set on point -- one of my favorite settings, by the way. Remember the mystery set on point? I think of all the mysteries, this is my favorite, love getting seeing all the different tops that are coming together.

whitepine 02-05-2015 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 7078010)
Should we post pics of Jolo's blocks or let it be a surprise?

I don't want to ruin a surprise, but I would enjoy seeing all the blocks. What do you think, Jolo?

Siodach, Amazing. You sure know how to put a spin on things.

dhanke, Nice!! Yours made me think that this pattern would work really well for a red, white & blue quilt.

Bluebonnets 02-05-2015 08:36 AM

Love those quilts, siodach and dhanke! They are beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing the lime green one!

jolo 02-05-2015 09:14 AM

Well the anticipation is.........lol You all deserve to see what is going on so I vote for you to show if you want to. I think quilters are a breed of people that stand out amont all the rest of Gods Creations. Love you all my family.Jo

Wavewatcher 02-05-2015 10:04 AM

Siodach I agree...perfect to snuggle into while watching the Oscars. Movie Stars

dd 02-05-2015 11:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, if we're showing, here's what I'm sending. The mail already went for today but it will go tomorrow. Hope you like it.

lynnie 02-05-2015 12:08 PM

wow, what an awesome block, so pretty it sparkles.

siodach, awesome!!! sparkle and shine!!!

dhanke, beautiful finish!! great man's quilt.

I need to start cutting more triangles to finish the baby.
I did 24 blocks and am done with 14 of them. off to cut some more.

sarahelloyd 02-05-2015 12:27 PM

Ladies, what beautiful quilts again. I have only just caught up on this listing, because I always write January off with ill health. I have just finished my quilt no 7, and starting to plan for this one. Keeping a better eye on the board for no 8.

Bluebonnets 02-05-2015 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dd, that's pretty! Thanks for the link to Quilter's Cache. I used it also. The second one is Maple Star from Around the Block with Judy Hopkins. I used a Micron pen because I and my machine sure can't embroider. ;)

dear1953 02-05-2015 02:41 PM

Well, here we go, round 3 with grandson, Cody. Back in hosp with lung collapsed again. He's 16 and this began just before Jan 1, but admitted that day. Surgery is scheduled for 8 am tomoorrow. Please keep him and his Momma, daughter Amy in your prayers. Thanks!