Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/8-mystery-quilt-train-ride-its-scrap-alicious-t259478.html)

jolo 02-05-2015 05:30 AM

so pretty . all of them so prett y.

dd 02-05-2015 06:00 AM

Should we post pics of Jolo's blocks or let it be a surprise?

tron80 02-05-2015 06:01 AM

Well. I'm impresed with all beautiful quilts. They are awesome. The dark ones are fantastic. Siodack what an original layout.
Dotty yours are very pretty, Bluebonnet yours sparkles! mom-6 I need to try a QAYG!. Gayle, Lawson, sdeaaz, Moonrise all of your quilts are fantastic, the borders beautiful.

The diferent versions of this train ride are turning out great. Thank you Judy, your pattern is perfect!!

Kassaundra 02-05-2015 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by dd (Post 7078010)
Should we post pics of Jolo's blocks or let it be a surprise?

I was wondering that too

MamaHen 02-05-2015 06:44 AM

Siodach such a clever & beautiful block setting. Everyones are turning out just stunning, so many finish ideas with one basic block.

sdeaaz 02-05-2015 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7077942)
Finally got a photo taken!

I'm really pleased with how this turned out.

I did take one liberty with the pattern - a couple of folk on here said my blocks 'moved' so I decided to make them 'move' a bit more! lol. I was so pleased that the star sashing Judy designed would adapt to allow me to incorporate my other idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508871[/ATTACH]

So, I've got plenty black areas to practice feathers on, but I may have to give this to someone with no pets - cos the black seems to be a magnet for every cat-hair in the vicinity lol.

Thanks once again to Judy for the hard work she puts in to these train-rides - I've had a blast!!!!! :thumbup: :D

amazing... absolutely love it Siodach...

AngeliaNR 02-05-2015 07:19 AM

Siodach: or you could give it to me--I have black cats! :)
Beautiful!

dhanke 02-05-2015 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the top and backing for my dark and traditional version. My husband really likes it a lot, he voted for a dark wide (5")border so he will be getting this one, maybe for Valentine's Day if I kick it into gear and get it quilted.
My second version has jewel toned blocks with scrappy lime green sashing and hot pinkish coral accents, it's going to be mine!
Thanks Judy! This has been fabulous!! I did a New Years Day mystery quilt, it was nice, but not as much fun as a trip on the Mystery Train.

JuneBillie 02-05-2015 07:53 AM

Siodach That is so so pretty. I reminds me of a movie screen or movie slides or something like that, but it's so pretty and unique.

JuneBillie 02-05-2015 07:55 AM

Dhanke the dark border is just right for your scrappy. It really turned out so nice.