Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

luvmortherest 03-19-2011 02:15 PM

found the pictures on "pictures"

they were wonderful

Deecee 03-19-2011 02:17 PM

Lovely block Judy - I assume you have used the small zig zag stitch? I need to go back and look at Kathy's tute again.

candi 03-19-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Someone was recently asking about upsizing the blocks. I thought she might like to see Block #34 that I upsized to 12" and made for a block in the Row Robin I am doing. I have to say it was nice to work with the bigger blocks. This was the one I did to try Kathy's machine embroidery tutorial and I really liked it.

Beautiful, Judy. I love it. Did you hand embroider or by machine?

JudyG 03-19-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Lovely block Judy - I assume you have used the small zig zag stitch? I need to go back and look at Kathy's tute again.

I did use a small zig zag, just like Kathy said to. Loved it.

JudyG 03-19-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Someone was recently asking about upsizing the blocks. I thought she might like to see Block #34 that I upsized to 12" and made for a block in the Row Robin I am doing. I have to say it was nice to work with the bigger blocks. This was the one I did to try Kathy's machine embroidery tutorial and I really liked it.

I did the embroidery by hand. This is a very thick thread. In fact it sort of stands up on top of the fabric. When you look at it from the side, it almost looks like it was crocheted. I really like the thread.

candi 03-19-2011 04:21 PM

Thanks Judy. It is beautiful, I am going to try this thread.

Originally Posted by candi

I did the embroidery by hand. This is a very thick thread. In fact it sort of stands up on top of the fabric. When you look at it from the side, it almost looks like it was crocheted. I really like the thread.

QuiltswithConvicts 03-19-2011 07:24 PM

Judy, that blocks is beautiful! I really like the light background and the verigated thread used for the embroidery.

So, you liked the machine applique? I love it. I have finished appliquing 12 of the blocks & 8 are ready to be assembled. They are all quilted & ready for their little sashings to join them. Will work on that as I feel like it.

JudyG 03-19-2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Judy, that blocks is beautiful! I really like the light background and the verigated thread used for the embroidery.

So, you liked the machine applique? I love it. I have finished appliquing 12 of the blocks & 8 are ready to be assembled. They are all quilted & ready for their little sashings to join them. Will work on that as I feel like it.

Thank you, Kathy. Yes, I did like the machine embroidery. But I am bound and determined that I am going to do the AOTH by hand.

What type of quilting did you do on your blocks?

QuiltswithConvicts 03-19-2011 08:15 PM

I just stitched around all thepieces and where the embroidery will go. Then I load a bobbin full of Razzle Dazzle , flip it over & sew on the quilted lines to lay down the embroidery/

Lacelady 03-20-2011 02:17 PM

It's awfully quiet round here - can it be just because Patti is minus a modem at the moment? Where is everyone else?