Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Ducky 03-21-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna

Originally Posted by Ducky
I also ordered a couple of Michael Miller Fairy Frost charm packs to go with my batiks. AND, I ordered 5 colors of Bottom Line thread.

Oooh... Fairy Frosts!! Maybe I should get some for this project (since the ones I already have are in the never-to-be-cut section of my stash). I have a lot of neutral Bottom Line, I love that thread for all sorts of things.

Cuilteanna, I received my Fairy Frost charm packs today. I think they'll add such a difference in texture -- I'm excited about them. Also received the thread, and I'm almost as excited about it as I am the charm packs!

Lacelady 03-21-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna

I also ordered a couple of Michael Miller Fairy Frost charm packs to go with my batiks. AND, I ordered 5 colors of Bottom Line thread.

Oooh... Fairy Frosts!! Maybe I should get some for this project (since the ones I already have are in the never-to-be-cut section of my stash). I have a lot of neutral Bottom Line, I love that thread for all sorts of things.

Cuilteanna, I received my Fairy Frost charm packs today. I think they'll add such a difference in texture -- I'm excited about them. Also received the thread, and I'm almost as excited about it as I am the charm packs!

Oooh, Ducky, does that mean you are ready to start now? Are you going to become a member of the JTG club?

Ducky 03-21-2011 04:42 PM

Lesley, I'm halfway through my first block.

QuiltswithConvicts 03-21-2011 06:15 PM

WooHoo! WooHoo!

Gotta get back to mare watching!

Lacelady 03-22-2011 01:27 AM

Great stuff, Ducky, looking forward to pics!

I too am hooked on that mare watching - due last Saturday (I think) and she is still hanging around. I know well the feeling, my kids were just as tardy.

Ducky 03-22-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Great stuff, Ducky, looking forward to pics!

Don't hold your breath........I got so frustrated with how it was looking last night that I shoved it aside.

Lacelady 03-22-2011 08:04 AM

Oh, Ducky so sorry. Is there anything I can help with?

Ducky 03-22-2011 08:54 AM

Thanks, Lesley. I'll see what it looks like tonight -- frustration last night may have "jaded" my view of it. It just seems a bit wonky. One thing I know I need is a better, sharper tracing pencil. Also, I need to make sure my tracing is spot on.

I love the Bottom Line thread. Patti is right, you can't see it at all.

Lacelady 03-22-2011 11:15 AM

Thanks, Lesley. I'll see what it looks like tonight -- frustration last night may have "jaded" my view of it. It just seems a bit wonky. One thing I know I need is a better, sharper tracing pencil. Also, I need to make sure my tracing is spot on.

I love the Bottom Line thread. Patti is right, you can't see it at all.

I use a Sewline retractible pencil - always sharp. In fact, I actually have two, because I lost the first one, bought a replacement, then found the first one. Now I keep one with either white or yellow leads in it, and the other has the grey (graphite colour) leads in it. I think that they actually make one pencil now, that holds three different colours.

Ducky 03-23-2011 06:15 AM

Worked on my applique after I got home from a class last night. Once I looked at it with fresh eyes, it wasn't so bad. Not "Lesley good", but not bad.

The instructor for the silk ribbon class I took told me I shouldn't be using Bottom Line for the applique because it is polyester......this is after I spent over $50 on several different colors. :roll: I am still going to use it. I think my AOTH will be either a couple of wall hangings or a "show" bed quilt.