Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Butterflyspain 03-25-2011 12:50 AM

I still canīt seem to download it, Donīt understand it as I did it the first time and it worked fine. I am confused.

Lacelady 03-25-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by sandpat
Ducks...no worries. I know that when the thing starts, I will fall behind. I'm really just working on it at night while watching tv. I figure that in several years doing that...I'll finally finish it up. LOL!

Lesley...do you have any great tips about getting perfectly round little circles like for the flowers on block# 16? I've cut some little templates from cardboard and then basted around the cardboard, drew the fabric tight...but they still aren't perfectly round...GRRRR!

Well you are doing what I do. Do you then iron it. That keeps the circle looking good. Sorry to butt in Lesley.

No problems, I have been tucked up in bed. Yes, iron them, but allow them to cool before you take the card out (that sort of 'sets' them) then draw up the gathering thread a little bit to reshape them. You don't have to stitch it to hold everything in place, I don't even cut the thread off, I use it to stitch the circle down in place. Also, keep watching the circle you orginally drew on your background to help you get it circular in case it decides it wants to be oval.

sandpat 03-25-2011 05:12 AM

Thanks...I think that my little circle is getting too big...you know tracing around adds the pencil thickness..then I can't cut straight to save my life...so my template is even lumpy! GRRR...Maybe I'll see if DH will cut them for me. Maybe he can do better.

Elle....I'm sooo slow that you'll be ahead of me in no time. I can't speak for speedy Lesley though... :wink:

Ducky 03-25-2011 05:43 AM

Elle, I could print one out and mail it off to you, if you'd like.

Ducky 03-25-2011 05:44 AM

Hope you are feeling better today, Lesley.

Butterflyspain 03-25-2011 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Oh Ducky you are a wee gem. Thank youso much, Candi gave me the numbers so thats fine to be going along with. I have the first 16 blocks that we have to do in numerical numbers. Thank you so much for the offer. those wee legs of your cover some ground donīt they, you are flipping from one topic to the next. (Grin)

Elle

sandpat 03-25-2011 06:27 AM

Elle...I emailed the schedule to you...try to print out the attachment.

Butterflyspain 03-25-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle...I emailed the schedule to you...try to print out the attachment.

Have tried yet again but it wonīt work, I seem to have a glitch. Needs sorting, so have emailed you.

Elle

Ducky 03-25-2011 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Ducky

Oh Ducky you are a wee gem. Thank youso much, Candi gave me the numbers so thats fine to be going along with. I have the first 16 blocks that we have to do in numerical numbers. Thank you so much for the offer. those wee legs of your cover some ground donīt they, you are flipping from one topic to the next. (Grin)

Elle

LOL. Yes, it gets exhausting!!!

Butterflyspain 03-25-2011 07:16 AM

Have you thought about getting a skateboard?????