Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

candi 04-11-2011 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Originally Posted by Lacelady
No, I wouldn't dream of doing that - just that I have a feeling you wouldn't need many darker colours - you could put your money to better use to get more brighter ones!

:shock: Of course she wouldn't! Unfathomable! ***besides, she wouldn't want another 50 lashes with the wet noodle***

Hmmmmm.....I didnt think quilters used wet noodles for lashing....fabric strings are more appropriate...don't ya think :?: :mrgreen: :lol:

candi 04-11-2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
My Book arrived!!!.... I'm legally part of the AFOTH group now. So excited....I can start....Whoop Whoop!!!

:thumbup:

Ducky 04-11-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by candi

No, I wouldn't dream of doing that - just that I have a feeling you wouldn't need many darker colours - you could put your money to better use to get more brighter ones!

:shock: Of course she wouldn't! Unfathomable! ***besides, she wouldn't want another 50 lashes with the wet noodle***

Hmmmmm.....I didnt think quilters used wet noodles for lashing....fabric strings are more appropriate...don't ya think :?: :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: Good point there!

Lacelady 04-11-2011 01:25 PM

:lol: Good point there!

Ah, but Ducky has a 'thing' about noodles - personally I generally use a wet lettuce leaf! LOL.

craftyone27 04-11-2011 01:51 PM

Doing the Happy Dance!!! My book arrived today! Now to find time to sit and oogle over it between making dinner, going to a board meeting, watching my son's first baseball game of the season AND...did I forget something?! Oh well - who says I need to sleep tonight?!!

Lacelady 04-11-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Doing the Happy Dance!!! My book arrived today! Now to find time to sit and oogle over it between making dinner, going to a board meeting, watching my son's first baseball game of the season AND...did I forget something?! Oh well - who says I need to sleep tonight?!!

Eating has to come in that list somewhere - have a lovely oogle though - now you are ready to go!

sandpat 04-11-2011 03:29 PM

Yippe!!! More books arriving! I spent a large part of the day playing with my fabs and picking out what to use for 2 more blocks. I got that decided and all the pieces cut out and ready to sew. I like to keep 1 in "process" and 1 on standby all ready to go. This one is going to be hard because I like the "next one in line" better than the 1 I have to work on next. Now if Elle were here, she'd tell my just to skip over it...but awwww...you know I can't do that!

Happy ooogling to you all!

Mousie 04-11-2011 03:59 PM

lol...what did she do to get the lashes before, DuckDuck?
Well, I've had my book for oh, almost two weeks, fabric squishies have been raining in...lol...be still my heart!...i have the blocks copied to go enlarge them tomorrow, and today I bought Retayne and gulp! hee hee hee, uh, more fabrics...just a little, but so purty and a bunch of the embroidery flosses that Lace is using.
Made her blocks look fantabulous, so thought I'd see if the mojo would work on Mousie blocks...oh, I can hardly wait, but I'm ready to go dunking!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mousie 04-11-2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
My Book arrived!!!.... I'm legally part of the AFOTH group now. So excited....I can start....Whoop Whoop!!!

alright!!!! :thumbup:

Mousie 04-11-2011 04:05 PM

A friend and I were in a fabric store today and the owner came over with a hammer and said it was for us...if we didn't buy anything! :shock:
We laughed, and I said, "Quilters", and pointed at my friend and myself < >, go in a fabric store and NOT buy anything! oh no! not us!" :shock: :XD: :XD:
I sure didn't want to test her, lol!
For fear of blackmail purposes, I can't say how many greens I plunked down, but let's just say it was NOT hammer time ;)