Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Butterflyspain 02-20-2011 06:34 AM

I think Lesley will be going stir crazy without her connection to all of us gals here on the board. So like you I imagine she is sewing like crazy, I know she has several projects on the go, I wonder if its got the better of her and she has just made one more block he he I canjust imagine her doing that. I hope she does in a way, she is a great source of help and imagination.

Roxanne 02-20-2011 09:38 AM

Good morning all,

I got my book! Can anyone say "OH MY!" I had to take a deep breath after looking through it to keep from letting my nerves get the best of me.
So, I went shopping and bought my black background (Kona) and picked up a couple more batiks while I was there. Got some gutterman thread, a large spool of black serger thread, a new June Taylor ruler and a couple of new washable marking pencils....I also looked for stabilizer and now know what this is.

I'm back in my sewing room today to work on Hawaiian Star. Yesterday I unsewed everything I sewed. Man, this fmq is testing my mettle. And whoever said it takes practice, practice, practice was totally right.

Hope you all have a great day.

Esqmommy 02-20-2011 09:41 AM

Oh Luv, that fabric is stunning!!! Gonna scroll backwards and see what else has been posted. Happy Sunday ladies (and gents...)

Esqmommy 02-20-2011 09:45 AM

Hey Ducky - quack quack...did your "wood" brown fabric come in? I'd love to see it! I'm very much looking forward to everyone's progress. This is going to be my "window quilting" - I'll look, but no touchy!!

Butterflyspain 02-20-2011 10:33 AM

Heh there Esq...... love your new avatar, that is a beautiful quilt, have you just finished it?

QuiltswithConvicts 02-20-2011 10:52 AM

Rachel, I want your avatar quilt!!!! That is exactly the kind if quilts I love to make - round & pointy by PP. It is gorgeous!!!

QuiltswithConvicts 02-20-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Oh Luv, that fabric is stunning!!! Gonna scroll backwards and see what else has been posted. Happy Sunday ladies (and gents...)

Do we have any gents? If so, please step forward and Identify yourselves so we can welcome you properly. Please, Please, Please!!!

Ducky 02-20-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Hey Ducky - quack quack...did your "wood" brown fabric come in? I'd love to see it! I'm very much looking forward to everyone's progress. This is going to be my "window quilting" - I'll look, but no touchy!!

Awwwww, Esq, you should join us. I'm sure your life is probably very busy right now, but you could go at your own pace. I know I'm going to run way behind everyone else, but that's okay. Come on, come on, you know you want to. ***it's an awful thing to see a duck beg***

Ducky 02-20-2011 11:01 AM

Esq, your avatar is your Orange Peel, isn't it?

Esqmommy 02-20-2011 11:37 AM

Yes, it's Indian Orange Peel, with all dots and Kaffe Fassett fabrics. It was just completed, in terms of the sleeve. I finished the binding about 3 months ago. That is the pace I'm working right now...

Ducky...how about the next one. I'm still on my baby Jane and I want to get back into that. I'll still play along and watch ya'll. k?

And to add insult to injury to my life...I just found some money I didn't know I had...and my vacuum just broke. Gee, that was a fun find, eh?