Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

SewExtremeSeams 02-06-2011 03:52 AM

Good morning ~~it’s really early since I seem to be wide awake instead of able to finish my sleeping.

I am inclined to think that mixing it up with the blocks would be best. All though at this point, it seems like trying to learn to needle turn 44 small pieces in one week is daunting ~~ I am probably overly concerned.

Leslie, as far as making up our minds, ugh.. I am afraid the more I think about it (everything: background choices, easy to difficult blocks or mixing it up and then, to get to which fabrics and how many colors/prints, etc.) the less undecided I become.

What is a beginner to do… lol, lol!

I am sewww glad our start date is way out there. Thinking, thinking, thinking… And Candi, you are right, there will be more sales by May!

Also, thank you Leslie for the photos. That helps me a great deal with my thinking. :-D I am looking forward to the hand embroidery.

Butterflyspain 02-06-2011 04:19 AM

Gorgeous Lesley, beautiful work and I love the blues you have done. There is obviously a lot of hand sewing in that one.

Butterflyspain 02-06-2011 04:20 AM

BTW Lesley I would love to see your finished blocks.

Cuilteanna 02-06-2011 04:40 AM

I agree about mixing up the difficulty levels. While I'm doing mine by machine (which will be nowhere the difficulty level of hand applique!) it's always nice to have a simpler block after a really difficult one.

Lacelady 02-06-2011 04:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
OK, here are the four finished ones I have done. Don't panic, I have taken lots of pics of fronts and backs of each one as I went along. And more pieces doesn't really mean harder, just might take a bit longer.

With the last one, you will see that I did have enough similar fabrics to mix them and make the outer flowers. On the other hand, if you have a a nice, mottled batik, or similar, you could achieve a very nice flower with just the one fabric. The flower fabric I used for the middle had a background that varied from pink, through yellow to green. It turns up as a leaf in Block 14

Block 8
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169081[/ATTACH]

Block 9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169088[/ATTACH]

Block 10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169089[/ATTACH]

Block 11 - I had a good collection of flower colours, so I varied them as per how Aie does it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169164[/ATTACH]

sandpat 02-06-2011 06:17 AM

Leslie, those are gorgeous!!! You are making me want to start....obviously I can't since I lack that one measley detail.....I have NO background fabric yet!!! I think yours is gonna be another beauty!!

Butterflyspain 02-06-2011 06:52 AM

Gorgeous Lesley. thanks for taking photos to show your progress, you are going to be done before any of us have started.

Elle

sandpat 02-06-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Gorgeous Lesley. thanks for taking photos to show your progress, you are going to be done before any of us have started.

Elle

I know....she is gonna do it again!! LOL!!

Lacelady 02-06-2011 07:26 AM

Sorry, I am really going to try and not do any for a while, I do want to get my wholecloth done. Trouble is, they are soooooooooo more-ish.

Not having any background is a good way to not starting Patti, perhaps I should have done that!

Anyway, if you are going to decide on a different schedule, then that would make a difference.

happymrs 02-06-2011 07:31 AM

Love the blocks, but still not sure about the gold embroidery? May do some machine quilting like that instead, with thread colors that will show up nice on a light background. Will have to play as I go along & see...