Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

candi 02-05-2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Thank you so much Kathy... you shouldn't be embarrassed, I should. My brain just doesn't work too quickly.

For instance, I have no idea what the acronym that Candi ended her last post with means~~~JMHO, what is that?. A dah moment for sure. :P

LindaAnn, JMHO means Just My Humble Opinion, don't feel bad, this one I know, there are many I don't.

QuiltswithConvicts 02-05-2011 04:47 PM

JMHO = Just My Humble Opinion.

Edit - We were typing at the same time!!!

SewExtremeSeams 02-05-2011 04:58 PM

LOL, and it's so easy. Thank you Candi and Kathy,

LindaAnn :-D

sandpat 02-05-2011 05:09 PM

Well darn...now I'm scared to even open the difficulty list!! ROTFL! I really kinda liked how the Jane schedule had easy blocks during "typically" busy times of the year like holidays. That way we could keep up, but it didn't take quite as much time...of course, you just never know what I will find to get in the middle of...so I'll just go with the flow of the group.

Oh..and the other thing I learned and liked about Jane was keeping up with the piece count. Thats kinda fun to put on the label, so I might do that with this quilt as well.

QuiltswithConvicts 02-05-2011 05:14 PM

We are starting with easier blocks - but that was purely accidental! I only decided to check out the blocks this afternoon.

Haven't felt like doing much of anything - this water mess is nasty. We are not at the hotel, but at home. If the plumbers don't get out here this weekend, we will have to get a room to shower for work on Monday.

Kascie 02-05-2011 10:03 PM

I am extremely interested to joing your group and will start looking for the book. Thanks

Butterflyspain 02-05-2011 11:48 PM

Kathy, so sorry you are having such problems, all caused by a plumber who didnīreally do his job properly.

Thanks for the rating list. I see they still donīt come up to Janeīs standard I think there were 53 in one tiny block of 4 1/2". So worry not, just means a bit more sewing, but definately not impossible.

Butterflyspain 02-05-2011 11:52 PM

JMHO but I think if you mixed them up might be a plan and when we have holidays we have the easier blocks, it worked for me when we did the Jane. Whatcha all think?

Elle

Butterflyspain 02-06-2011 01:32 AM

Welcome Kascie, great to have another interested lady join us. Lots of support and help here when you need it.

What colours do you plan to use? I have a lemon background with different coloured batiks for the designs.

Just thought are you joining the DJane or the Affairs of the Heart Cyber sew, I am talking aobut the colours for the AOTH

Elle

Lacelady 02-06-2011 03:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I wish you would all make up your minds! I have been quietly sewing the first four, just to get ahead for the pics in stages for you all. Do you want to be tempted with pics of the finished ones now, or shall I keep them until we officially start?

Re number of pieces, for those of you that don't have the book yet. You can do the whole thing scrappy, or if you want a more co-ordinated look, then two or three shades of several different colours would look great. If you actually study what Aie often did, she used a different fabric for almost every individual piece in a block. She obviously has a huge stash of fabrics from which to choose, and a brilliant eye on what would go with what.

This is from the book
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168478[/ATTACH]

Again from the book (sorry about the glare from the shiny pages)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168479[/ATTACH]

WIP, my solution, all my flowers with be the same, but every leaf is a different green
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168480[/ATTACH]