Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Lacelady 06-10-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Lesley and 7

Yes, Happy Birthday Lesley and Quilter7x..I guess you both are exactly one month older than me..my birthday is July 10th :mrgreen: :lol:

There might be a few years in it too, Candi. I feel positively ancient now that I have just hit 65. Though I actually started collecting my pension 5 years ago (from the UK) Some UK women who are younger than me will have to wait until age 65, but I just missed out on that, thank goodness. Irish ladies don't get theirs until 66, and I think they are now trying to extend it to 66 in the UK too.

Cre8tvlwyr 06-10-2011 05:45 PM

My hubby - who turns 65 in August - said that until this last year the French could retire @ 55!!

Lacelady 06-11-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
My hubby - who turns 65 in August - said that until this last year the French could retire @ 55!!

Wow - the only people I know who managed that was teachers in the UK who were able to take early retirement during the 90's. I had a couple of friends who managed to do that, and never regreted it.

How on earth can the French afford that I wonder?

Cre8tvlwyr 06-11-2011 09:49 AM

I think the French finally discovered they couldnt afford it!

JudyG 06-11-2011 03:41 PM

I don't want to make anybody feel bad, but my DH retired at 51! He will be 70 next month and has been retired for almost 19 years. I will hopefully be fully retired this year at the age of 67. Hardly seems fair. But I won't complain. I've had it pretty easy the past few years, 3 days a week, down to two days a week, then 1 and now only 2 days a month.

QuiltswithConvicts 06-11-2011 07:48 PM

In just a couple of hours, Week #1 will be over & Week #2 will begin. It hardly seems possible that we have completed our first week of Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew, but it is so. I just posted my re-done Block #11 for week #2. Looking forward to seeing all of your blocks, both #9 & #11.

Lacelady 06-12-2011 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I don't want to make anybody feel bad, but my DH retired at 51! He will be 70 next month and has been retired for almost 19 years. I will hopefully be fully retired this year at the age of 67. Hardly seems fair. But I won't complain. I've had it pretty easy the past few years, 3 days a week, down to two days a week, then 1 and now only 2 days a month.

There does seem to be a bit of an imbalance Judy, but at least you have been able to wind down gently, so I don't suppose you will find it hard to actually stop going to work. More time for quilting!

Lacelady 06-12-2011 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
In just a couple of hours, Week #1 will be over & Week #2 will begin. It hardly seems possible that we have completed our first week of Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew, but it is so. I just posted my re-done Block #11 for week #2. Looking forward to seeing all of your blocks, both #9 & #11.

Wow, that week went quickly - just going over the check out 9 and 11 to see if there are any new posts.

Butterflyspain 06-12-2011 01:36 AM

Lesley have a look on Block 22, Topaz has just posted the one I told you was completely different method of doing this

quiltykitty 06-12-2011 07:35 AM

I wonder if any of you have finished a block and then decide one or more of the colors just doesn't look good? I have done that on two blocks. I'm finishing up block #11 and redoing two sets of flowers. What I had cut out looked okay until sewn down. Well, I just putter along on this AOTH.