Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Deecee 09-04-2011 01:06 PM

That looks great Kathy. The curlies and sharks tooth border set it off nicely. The corner diamond is a lovely finishing touch on the narrow border.

Great block also.

Lacelady 09-04-2011 02:31 PM

It's looking good Kathy, and I like the fussy cutting in the last block.

So glad you got enough rain to lay the dust, if nothing else.

Mousie 09-04-2011 02:43 PM

wa-wa-wa, kathy...looking goood! :thumbup:
love your curly-swirlies. Might have to use them too ;-)

candi 09-04-2011 03:27 PM

Pat and Kathy, I have one word for you both: Wow!!! Fantabulous! I love that binding fabric and the boxer is just perfect.

candi 09-04-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Pat and Kathy, I have one word for you both: Wow!!! Fantabulous! I love that binding fabric and the boxer is just perfect.

Ok, I guess it was more than one word :lol: :-)

QuiltswithConvicts 09-04-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
That looks great Kathy. The curlies and sharks tooth border set it off nicely. The corner diamond is a lovely finishing touch on the narrow border.

Great block also.

Deecee, that diamond is only there because I didn't research shark tooth borders much & made mine sort of the wrong way. It definitely has my own stamp on it! I didn't realize that when the border goes this way, you need to start & end with a half point, not a full one like I did. Then you put a half-square triangle unit in the corner to bridge the corner turning.On this next one & the last one, you start with full ones & a half-square triangle unit in each corner for turning. Of course, I too that picture where the really big boo-boo is. I don't know what I did to end up with such a large cut-off of the point. Oh, well, that's the way I made it & it's staying there! :-)

sandpat 09-04-2011 03:55 PM

Kathy...love love love how yours looks! Of course, your work is stunning and I just love the shark tooth...teeth????? Oh well...whatever, it looks great!

So glad to hear you are at least getting a spitting rain! Maybe the clouds out your way will remember what it like to rain now and do it again! We are starting to get part of Tropical Storm Lee...up from New Orleans. Boy, we needed it!

Love you 29 too!

Mousie 09-04-2011 03:55 PM

Ok, I guess it was more than one word :lol: :-)

your "one word", is like my "just one more thing", lol!
that wa-wa-wa...is a funny/cute saying, in case anybody isn't familiar :XD:

Fabric Galore 09-04-2011 04:44 PM

Patti, I love your striped binding. It really works well with your quilt top. I couldn't make out the backing. Is there a print on it? It looks really interesting.

sandpat 09-04-2011 04:59 PM

Yes Losie...it has a kinda feathery looking thing on it. Sorry that my camera is turning into a piece of junk. I'm going to try to hold out for Christmas though.